Mag-Hytec trans pan and diff cover

pog

Reaction score
:whs:

I've had to pull over to let things cool down when towing real heavy on long grades here in sothern Cali.
You get to a point where you can't stop, even when the fans are howling. I had to stop for 15 min to get trans, oil and coolant back to normal (this was with a factory trans pan)... Ahhh the joys of California speed laws :frustrate:
Apart from that, they look nice and it's good eye candy, gives it a flat surface if you had to drop your trannyLOL. I would probably do the rear diff because it looks good.

that would be a real test for the deep pan. if you could do the same pull in the same environment and see what temp the trans reaches.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I pull about the same weight as he does but with a 450. I think the gears make a difference in this situation. My TC is locked all the time above about 35 or so plus the pan. I am sure the TC being locked helps the most. But hey cant complain my Tranny has not seen even 200 with the pan on it. If i remember right the highest I have seen is in the low 190's. Most of the time it is in the mid 180's and down.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
When I put the pan on my trans I noticed it took miles longer before reaching operating temp. Other than that I didn't notice much else. I don't tow much.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I noticed slightly cooler temps when I installed my deep trans pan. I also noticed that it took longer to get up to temp when it was first ran. I think the pan is worth the investment as it did add 5 or 6 more quarts of trans fluid to the system if I recall right. I have the BD deep trans pan. Very easy for anyone to install and looks great when you roll your vehicle.LOL

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
I've been told/blamed for causing damage to one of my built trannys.. I don't believe it but just wondering.

To the OP, i'd say get the big pan and have a go with it, if you need to add the extra cooler we'll then go ahead and do it but the extra capacity should certainly help.

Danbonzo

Reaction score
I've been told/blamed for causing damage to one of my built trannys.. I don't believe it but just wondering.

To the OP, i'd say get the big pan and have a go with it, if you need to add the extra cooler we'll then go ahead and do it but the extra capacity should certainly help.

Just curious, how so? Let me guess, it didnt allow the tranny to get to the proper "operating" temp. before you got on it.... ? As I said before I really don't find them to be an advantage, but I also don't believe they are a disadvantage to run either. More like tranny candy.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
For a truck that doesnt pull anything I would agree with you. But after seeing it towing 18000+# with my 6.0 and my 6.4 I am a believer. Plus finned aluiminum vs. steel for temp transfer.
But I have heard that crap about the tranny not getting up to will ruin it. I can see it a little if it is not getting hot enough to burn the condensation out.
When I had a stock tranny in my 96 Impala it didnt see over about 120 without racing it. It lasted 115000 miles with drag racing (Nitrous included), auto-x and road racing. I feel that just get the tranny warm enough to burn the condensation out and you are good. 4L60E's are weak in my eyes.
The keys to a long life in a tranny from a tranny builder.
Keep it cool, clean and dont slip it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.