Mahle Forged Aluminum pistons from swamps, anyone running them yet?

Reaction score
I have been doing some research on piston and bowl design and see that Mahle Motorsports has built a set of pistons for us 7.3 guys, anyone running the pistons that swamps has on their page yet??

MOOSE_MACHINE

Reaction score
Mahle pistons come in the oem rebuild kits.

Nick
2004 NR Commander 21'
5.7 kodiak Hamilton pump
1997 f-350 cclb zf5 160/80, t500, diy bellowed up pipes, 6.0 ic, 38r, diy e-fuel, isspro gauges

golfer

Reaction score
I have been doing some research on piston and bowl design and see that Mahle Motorsports has built a set of pistons for us 7.3 guys, anyone running the pistons that swamps has on their page yet??

The forged aluminum pistons are intended for RACE or COMPETITION applications only..

unlike the normal Mahle (cast) pistons...the forged pistons do not have a steel (top) ring land insert....

without the steel insert, the forged alum pistons will generally need to be replaced before 50k miles...or earlier, as the top keystone ring will erode the aluminum.

If you're building a street truck..that will do some competition...and/or you don't want to replace the pistons every few seasons...we'd recommend the normal Mahle cast pistons.

even our full competition engine's run the normal Mahle pistons, with our upgraded piston pin retainers...

the only piston failure we've had with the (cast) Mahle's was due to a nitrous backfire.

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the solid info!! But would it help with changing the bowl design and piston height to help utilize all the fuel nowadays.. I know with a lot of the larger engines I've worked on piston bowl design has played a huge counter part in the terms of higher horsepower ratings..

Latest posts

Members online