maintaing rail pressure problems

dommel01

Reaction score
hey guys, im having fueling issues, first my secondary pump exploded and locked up, i changes it out and got the plugs backwords, fixed that, now im only maining like 12-13k rp wide open, it will spike up too like 23-24k rp and then die down to 12-13k wide open, but it feels like its running ok, i may have always had this rp issue, anyone have any ideas as to what it could be? i have the diesel dr kit and 100% nozzles, also when i have the dash daq plugged in it will say my fuel rail temp is up to like 144

dommel01

Reaction score
a9u7ebej.jpg

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Sounds like one of the pumps isn't working. Mine did the same thing cause some so called mechanic didn't have the effort to plug it in all the way. Truck ran fine but wouldn't maintain pressure. Make sure all the plugs are in and wiring is good. I can see the harness in the one pic and it doesn't look the greatest but looks can be deceiving. The lines in the pic are hooked up right supply and return.

Last edited:

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Sounds like one of the pumps isn't working. Mine did the same thing cause some so called mechanic didn't have the effort to plug it in all the way. Truck ran fine but wouldn't maintain pressure. Make sure all the plugs are in and wiring is good. I can see the harness in the one pic and it doesn't look the greatest but looks can be deceiving. The lines in the pic are hooked up right supply and return.

So called mechanic LOL LOL I seem to remember that... Big difference having that second pump plugged in... What was it, like 300hp?

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Hahaha yea a second pump makes a huge difference.

Tyler try pushing the plugs in and putting a zip tie over the lock that way they don't come undone. That could be a issue. I know ford seconds zip ties with the harness kit for them.

dommel01

Reaction score
I checked the plugs and they are all plugged in good, still won't maintain ****, I mean it won't build full boost, will shoot up to 24 and then down too 12 at wide open, runs fine

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Supply pressure good? Had that issue with mine, go up in rp, hold fine, then all of the sudden plumit to 12k. Checked pressure, pressure was down. Adjusted it and holds rp just fine now.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Runs fine except the massive lack in power :p. Check your supply pressure. Good chance either that is bad, or one of your injection pumps is bad.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
If you had the pump plugged in backward the soleniods will fry instantly made that mistake first kit I put on a long time and and had to replace the pump with a new one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

dommel01

Reaction score
If you had the pump plugged in backward the soleniods will fry instantly made that mistake first kit I put on a long time and and had to replace the pump with a new one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

yea gay how you can plug them into eachother, wont rush into that mistake again, would it hurt to take the ones from my blown pump and put them on this one?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
FWIW i have seen several pumps run with the solenoids plugged in backwards with no problems other than they hang rail pressure really bad

dommel01

Reaction score
i swapped the solenoids from my old pump and all seems to be working correctly, for now im sure

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.