Manifolds

Twan

Reaction score
What is the reason to upgrade exhuast manifolds on the 6.0?
Better spool up, lower egts, less driver pressure. The BD manifolds seem to have a good price.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Some have experienced lower egts and lower drive pressure. Not mention a real nice bark in the exhaust at WOT. I noticed mine barks a lot louder now...I like it!

Last edited:

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Yeah for an additional 400 bucks, I wonder if its worth it. Were other guys having issues with the aftermarket ones cracking?

strokin6L

Reaction score
Did you have to get new up pipes too?

No. The BD manifolds and the RCD manifolds both bolt up to factory Y-pipe. Like Rykan said....there should be no issues with these cracking or any other log style manifold cracking. These things are really thick walled. Thats why a log style manifold is better than true headers on a diesel.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Hard to say because Jesse custom tuned it at the same time....also had KC 68 with a even larger turbine wheel installed at same time.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I may delay my build and get these thrown on...

You have a set ? I damn near bought the set at the shop a month ago, but wanted to see some results before hand. Up until this point, manifolds have been hit or miss for making additional power, decreasing spool up, lowering EGTS, or showing any real gains. Some guys say the saw gains, some say they lost and went back to stock. I really want to hear some good reviews and a set will be on my truck.

I'm glad Chris is liking his. I put a lot of weight in his opinions and experiences. Rykan too.

Sent while driving, drinking coffee and threatening to kill people in traffic.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Nope lol I was saying.. I was supposed to drop my truck off the 3rd to MPD and get work done. But I may delay it if I end up picking up a set. I need another week to save 450 more.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Nope lol I was saying.. I was supposed to drop my truck off the 3rd to MPD and get work done. But I may delay it if I end up picking up a set. I need another week to save 450 more.

Gotcha. I doubt they'll do much for me at the moment, but when the injectors go up in size, they should be beneficial. Right now I have tunes, 58v FICM, FICM tunes, ARP's, 4" straight pipe, S&B intake, Ported race manifold from WPE, regulated return from WPE, HD uppipes from WPE, Beans Diesel sump, Twisted Diesel built 5R110 w/billet triple disc converter and all the little supporting mods. I'm gonna add a 6.4 LP fuel pump before my stocker and then I'm ready for injectors. Rykan will be building my injectors to either 175/30's or 190/30's.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
That's pretty much me too. I'm going to 190/75s. Then a 68mm next April

Yep, I'm thinking if I go to 190/30's, a KC 68 will be on my list of crap to do. I'm sticking to smaller nozzles so I can still tow.

Latest posts

Members online