Maxing out stock fuel

HOUTX01X

Reaction score
Finally got around to taking the truck out for a spin. Seems like I maxed the pump out at WOT and had to get off throttle. I believe I was around 27k psi.

Not that I plan to do it again but how ruff on truck is that?
Guess I'll be looking for dual fuel set up now.

Mods in sig.

Codydiesel

Reaction score
I have a similar setup as you and going down the track my rail pressure usually drops to 24-25.5k have about 100 passes on it like that. It's not the best for it but so far at 100,000 miles my fuel system is still holding strong so i think you will be fine.

HOUTX01X

Reaction score
I have a similar setup as you and going down the track my rail pressure usually drops to 24-25.5k have about 100 passes on it like that. It's not the best for it but so far at 100,000 miles my fuel system is still holding strong so i think you will be fine.

Not sure what it dropped to. I'll be sure to look next time. So are you just backing off throttle when it drops off?

williamallen13

Reaction score
How do you know it drops? I mean does "reduce power" come up on the dash or do you notice a drop in acceleration? I've had mine up to 29.5k and regularly see 28+.

Codydiesel

Reaction score
Not sure what it dropped to. I'll be sure to look next time. So are you just backing off throttle when it drops off?

I stay in it at the track because even if I come off the throttle a little and it will drop the pw down from 1430 to 1330 it's still not enough for the pump to catch up. On the street though once I drop below 26k I just come out of it to save the pump from anymore stress.

Latest posts

Members online