MCC/DIY Tuning 6.7

Rucky

Reaction score
55% means 55 percent of the fuel is injected BTDC and 45 percent ATDC so once you get your fuel duration you can put it in the calculator and see what timing to run. You can also put your rail pressure in as well but I'm still working on that piece.

What's the latest word on this? I've been doing a whole lot of self learning myself on this topic and I understand everything you've said thus far. I was actually thinking of trying to work my own Excel wizardry to see what kind of percentages both Ford and H&S treat us with. Just haven't had time yet. Got my Unlock code as well. Hoping to try some exhaust brake tuning this weekend. Unfortunately we have a crazy warm spell right now, so I can't work on the cold starting characteristics. If you could post or PM me with the latest Duramax topics you've used (if you have created any threads based on this yourself) it'd be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dsmracing1

Reaction score
What's the latest word on this? I've been doing a whole lot of self learning myself on this topic and I understand everything you've said thus far. I was actually thinking of trying to work my own Excel wizardry to see what kind of percentages both Ford and H&S treat us with. Just haven't had time yet. Got my Unlock code as well. Hoping to try some exhaust brake tuning this weekend. Unfortunately we have a crazy warm spell right now, so I can't work on the cold starting characteristics. If you could post or PM me with the latest Duramax topics you've used (if you have created any threads based on this yourself) it'd be much appreciated.

Haha definitely a crazy warm spell, this chit is weird....

Rucky

Reaction score
So, as an update... I'm having trouble getting the vanes to open and close how I want them at idle (open for Temp 1, gradually more closed for Temp 2/3, same for Temp 4 as it's rarely called up). Can't quite figure out the VGT learning/temperature/allowed difference logic, without potentially messing up the driving portions of the tables. It's really challenging to figure out which parameters the truck prioritizes. The other thing I found strange is that there's more EBP at a warm idle with the vanes "open" than at a cold idle during which there is a couple psi of boost.

Attempted to strength exhaust brake torque tables. Still undecided if that made a noticeable difference. Probably have to start closing the vanes more at a 0 load in order to really see this difference. Was hoping the computer would take over there.

Dropped the shift points for 1-2 up shift by 6 or 7 mph. Happy with this, as it doesn't feel so jerky and tow-haul-like. Much better for icy roads. Much less of a waste gate release too, as it no longer builds >10 psi boost in such a short time.

I understand the relationships involved with timing calculations, however I'm unable to get Excel to use the IF arguments required to behave like the ECM at this point. Ran out of patience on this, so hopefully torquebeast pulls through for us. From what I gather, it actually seems like the timing at cruising is really conservative on the H&S tunes... But I can't back this up with concrete figures, so take this with a grain of sale, as I'm not claiming to be an expert.

Definitely open to questions/concerns/comments! Sorry for the rambling post fellas.

torque beast

Reaction score
I agree, I have built but still adjusting the timing in the high load areas. On hold now till I can get an update so I can use my tuner again

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.