MCC tuning comparison

12superduty

Reaction score
So i bought the Tune Like A Pro package from KEM performance. I tested level 5 against the SPE hot file and the H&S tune turned up all the way. I was extremely impressed with the kem file!!!!! The SPE file was ok but know where near 550 rwhp!! The kem file feels a lot stronger in my opinion!! The H&S file was pretty good it felt pretty close to the SPE file. Over all if i were to choose a company to go with id choose KEM!! There files seem to be really good! I don't see any performance issues or turbo fluttering like some people have posted on this site!!!

3brorce

Reaction score
I highly doubt any of them are close to 550rwhp honestly.

Rowdy

Reaction score
Should find out next weekend for sure at the Diesel Nationals gonna have some guys on the dyno with H&S and SPE tunes not sure about KEM tunes though. I don't think any will hit 550Hp prolly a lot closer to 500ish.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I will be happy if someone lays down some solid 500hp runs.

It's all about wheel speed and torque.
KCCO

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Gross... Ill never run KEM tunes on my truck again.. 1000 degree egts at 70mph with constant turbo flutter, a rock hard tranny, and no power in 6th gear.... SPE tunes are wicked.

12superduty

Reaction score
Kem tunes do not flutter you must have issues with your turbo also you dont have to run level 5 trans file try running level 1 trans with level 5 tuning mine runs great!

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I put down 482 with my warhammer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly I want to see real 500+ numbers

Kem tunes do not flutter you must have issues with your turbo also you dont have to run level 5 trans file try running level 1 trans with level 5 tuning mine runs great!

This is what bothers me. I am happy that you like your tunes and that they are working great on your truck, maybe the new MCC files are different. For some reason my truck just doesn't like them. For the guys trucks that they work well on they seem to work really well, but quite a few people have seen problems with them and get told to adjust our waste gate or our turbo is messed up.

What I am getting at is how come my truck runs so great with the H&S tunes, but not with said vendors tunes, and then when it doesn't run correctly its the truck even though with other tunes it runs great???

Chris1976

Reaction score
H and S fixed the fluttering or surge in my turbo with one of the updates they had, so I dont think there is any thing wronge with the turbo. It is in the tuning, thats what I think.

Chris1976

Reaction score
My experience is with 2 different 6.7's a 2011 and a 2012 and my comments holds true with both of them.

Latest posts

Members online