Mechanical Fuel Pump

09stroker

Reaction score
Guys,

Dodge guys have a belt driven system that attaches a smaller pulley onto the harmonic balancer. Here is an example of the kit. Is there any reason why this could not be designed for a 6.0?

http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/product.aspx?pf_id=FB-05007

Like the idea of fuel pressure and RPM being in a direct relationship...thanks.

You don't need that rediculous amount of fuel flow. Besides that your injectors always need pressurized fuel irregardless of Engine speed or load

Rob D

Reaction score
As long as the engine is running the fuel would be pressurized. Obviously at lower RPM the pressure would not be as high. I would think that losing pressure at WOT is just as dangerous as gaining pressure?

If the system was designed to lets say maintain 45 PSI at 2k RPM - then I think we would be in good shape no? As going through gears the pressure would drop and climb again but I would think if the system was designed to max out at 70psi and able to maintain 45 PSI at cruising speeds per given gear at given RPM it would be pretty safe.

No expert by any means on the injectors - maybe it would be terrible for them to lets say have 20 PSI at idle...if thats the case I can see how this would not work.

motleycrew

Reaction score
thats not a performance upgrade unless yours is shot already, then it's just a new mechanical fuel pump. I wouldn't want one. I just get a quality aftermarket piece.

I have a dodge and I gotta say that it seems like most Dodge guys piss and moan about lift pump problems all the time. Like a aftermarket lift pump fails more often on a dodge than any other make:rolleyes:

Rob D

Reaction score
thats not a performance upgrade unless yours is shot already, then it's just a new mechanical fuel pump. I wouldn't want one. I just get a quality aftermarket piece.

I have a dodge and I gotta say that it seems like most Dodge guys piss and moan about lift pump problems all the time. Like a aftermarket lift pump fails more often on a dodge than any other make:rolleyes:

Not sure I am following you - how is this not a performance upgrade? It completely gets rid of the stock pump on the Dodge. I owned a 24V as well, and my buddy just bought this exact kit bc his pump went and wiped out his VP.

motleycrew

Reaction score
Not sure I am following you - how is this not a performance upgrade? It completely gets rid of the stock pump on the Dodge. I owned a 24V as well, and my buddy just bought this exact kit bc his pump went and wiped out his VP.

Mainly because to me, a performance upgrade is something that "upgrades your performance". Performance meaning "go faster", not "go normal".
This won't do anything for actual performance that an electric pump can't do. Unless your truck is a no start or won't rev due to no fuel pressure. Then I guess you could say it's a performance upgrade (if you consider "performance" meaning "run normally"). But I would still say no, it's a supporting modification that allows other "performance parts" to do it's job as good as they can.

I'm not sayin your wrong, cause usually I'm wrong:thumbsup:. But IMO, this is just a factory part support upgrade, not a performance upgrade....

Rob D

Reaction score
I hear your logic on support/performance - I don't pay that close of attention to classifying lol. But if I were to define performance it would be anything that performs better than stock...which in this case the mechanical pump does for the Dodge and like you said it supports other performance mods.

I just know the 6.0s are notorious for losing pressure at WOT and thought this might be a solution if it could be engineered correctly.

Mdub707

Reaction score
The whole idea of HEUI is that we can raise injection pressure WITHOUT RPM. It's independent. That's a good thing IMO. If you're losing pressure at higher RPM, just upgrade to a better pump, it's pretty simple.

Rob D

Reaction score
The whole idea of HEUI is that we can raise injection pressure WITHOUT RPM. It's independent. That's a good thing IMO. If you're losing pressure at higher RPM, just upgrade to a better pump, it's pretty simple.

Mike - seems people still lose pressure at WOT even with a better pump?

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Mike - seems people still lose pressure at WOT even with a better pump?

Then there pump is still a pos, my fuel pressure never fluctuates with an a1000 and a regulated return, 3/4“ supply to the front crossmember and 1/2“ line to each head.... Pretty cut and dry simple task, stop complicating it

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Rob D

Reaction score
Then there pump is still a pos, my fuel pressure never fluctuates with an a1000 and a regulated return, 3/4“ supply to the front crossmember and 1/2“ line to each head.... Pretty cut and dry simple task, stop complicating it

Nobodys complicating anything - I was simply asking a question about a possible new approach to fueling. Anybody can talk about what people are already running.

What is it with you and needing to be such a keyboard tuff guy all the time? Every time you respond to a post you have an attitude about it. I remember you pissin me off before when you were dead set on your logic until you had to go call Doug to check yourself. At least I call it what it is - I am not a mechanic or an engineer. Never claimed to be one. Just like new innovative ideas. A mechanical pump seemed cool to me so I posted the idea.

In any event please don't post up on my threads anymore I could care less about what you have to offer. Just a punk kid as far as I am concerned.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Nobodys complicating anything - I was simply asking a question about a possible new approach to fueling. Anybody can talk about what people are already running.

What is it with you and needing to be such a keyboard tuff guy all the time? Every time you respond to a post you have an attitude about it. I remember you pissin me off before when you were dead set on your logic until you had to go call Doug to check yourself. At least I call it what it is - I am not a mechanic or an engineer. Never claimed to be one. Just like new innovative ideas. A mechanical pump seemed cool to me so I posted the idea.

In any event please don't post up on my threads anymore I could care less about what you have to offer. Just a punk kid as far as I am concerned.

What have you ever done with your bare hands except start and endless amount of threads asking questions about outlandish ****? Get over it, welcome to public forums

Rob D

Reaction score
Maybe one day you will grow up - or get bigger, one or the other and not feel such a need to over compensate. Being 6'6 and 270 lbs I don't really feel a need to answer to anyone. Especially you. And for the record I am 29 far thing from a geezer. I just treat people with respect.

You on the other hand just suck the ass of people who know more than you and are a jack ass to everyone else.

Please stay off my threads you obv find them pointless anyways. Win Win.

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score
Maybe one day you will grow up - or get bigger, one or the other and not feel such a need to over compensate. Being 6'6 and 270 lbs I don't really feel a need to answer to anyone. Especially you. And for the record I am 29 far thing from a geezer. I just treat people with respect.

You on the other hand just suck the ass of people who know more than you and are a jack ass to everyone else.

Please stay off my threads you obv find them pointless anyways. Win Win.

ouch.. slapped like a red headed stepchild!! :doh:

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Rob it's obvious we have never got along, im 2 yrs younger than you and I dont kiss anyone's ass.... Sorry to ruin that, you can tell by my post count that I don't post much. I have a full time job that I'm very successful at and my boss has told me countless times irreplaceable at his business. Maybe instead of thinking you are the biggest and baddest you should think that the higher you stack **** the farther it is to fall. Dueces hoe

Rob D

Reaction score
"Deuces hoe" thanks for further proving what an idiot you are.

Glad your boss makes you feel special. If more people were like him maybe you wouldn't be so angry LOL

Latest posts

Members online