Mechanical vs Digital Gauges

stevens6.7

Reaction score
I posted in the 6.7 aftermarket but seeing if anyone has some insight on this. I'm mainly looking for the pros and cons of say a mechanical boost gauge verses a digital gauge. Yes I know price is one the major things but I'd like to know more technical if you could say. Yes the digital could fail but what could go wrong with the mechanical? Thanks for any help.

powerstroke22

Reaction score
I have run a few different gauges on trucks over the years, mechanical are hard to beat for the money as long as you don't buy a cheap brand. Not to much can go wrong with them other then blowing the boost line out of the fitting or the gauge needle falling off(shouldn't be a problem if you buy a quality gauge).

I just switched my 6.7 over to Autometer elite series with some recommendations from guys on here. They are all digital stepper motors and have been awesome so far. A little pricey but well worth the money with the high and low set point and other internal features.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
I have run a few different gauges on trucks over the years, mechanical are hard to beat for the money as long as you don't buy a cheap brand. Not to much can go wrong with them other then blowing the boost line out of the fitting or the gauge needle falling off(shouldn't be a problem if you buy a quality gauge).

I just switched my 6.7 over to Autometer elite series with some recommendations from guys on here. They are all digital stepper motors and have been awesome so far. A little pricey but well worth the money with the high and low set point and other internal features.

Thanks for the input! I was going to go with the cobalt series boost, egt, and trans temp. I might do the mechanical gauge for the boost and the others digital?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Look at Isspro EV-2 or even Performax gauges...

Far better gauges IMHO, better looking, better install and better options.

Built in programmable warning lights, available programmable triggers, LED, full sweep. Factory match...

sootie

Reaction score
Look at Isspro EV-2 or even Performax gauges...

Far better gauges IMHO, better looking, better install and better options.

Built in programmable warning lights, available programmable triggers, LED, full sweep. Factory match...

Factory match for a 6.7??

CSIPSD

Reaction score
10416638_924041130958965_2854748821949873791_n.jpg

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Isspro is coming out with a Cobalt "match" shortly... Since Autometer doesn't seem to think having more then a few gauge types is a big deal...

johnp115

Reaction score
The thing i like most about mechanical gauges is that you don't necessarily have to be looking at them to read them.

Ex.. In my 6.0 with pillar gauges, while driving i could see around about what my EGT's were through my peripheral vision.

In my 6.4 with the mini max i have to be directly staring at the digital number to read what its saying.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.