Mini Max with Edge CTS

B585Ford

Reaction score
I recently purchased an Edge CTS that I was planning to use strictly for monitoring. I run GH tunes on my MM. What I didn't know when I purchased the CTS was that after the 3rd start-up without the MM plugged in, it will reset the tunes back to stock. That is obviously not going to work for me. Is anyone running a CTS with a MM? What options do I have?

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
Every time you unplug the mini maxx from the OBD2 port it turns the power down to stock. The only way that you are going to be able to run the CTS with the mini maxx and still run a higher power level is to purchase a OBD2 splitter.

ckrueg

Reaction score
Every time you unplug the mini maxx from the OBD2 port it turns the power down to stock. The only way that you are going to be able to run the CTS with the mini maxx and still run a higher power level is to purchase a OBD2 splitter.
The manual says that it stays at the power level where you left it. when I unplugged mine it stayed where I left it.

TD-5

Reaction score
From the H&S manual; 6.4 saves the power level, 6.7 reverts back to stock power level

Attachments

• 6.4.jpg
    6.4.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 6.7.jpg
    6.7.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 62

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
For what its worth I've unplugged mine several times before when I've had to park in the city just to keep it out of sight, and then when leaving forgot to hook it back up but tune was still where I left it.

B585Ford

Reaction score
For what its worth I've unplugged mine several times before when I've had to park in the city just to keep it out of sight, and then when leaving forgot to hook it back up but tune was still where I left it.

Thanks. I did some testing today.....I unplugged the MM and shut the truck off over a dozen times. Drove some more and turned it off, etc. I later plugged in the CTS and used to monitor gauges. When I finally plugged the MM back in, it was still on the same tune (Street in this case).

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Mine will stay on the setting I left it on when I unplug my mini maxx. But one thing I did have an issue with was when I had my cold coolant defuel turned on and I would unplug my mini maxx(when not up to temp) it would go to stock(no power). But if I let it warm up to temp it would stay on the power setting I unplugged it at.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Mine will stay on the setting I left it on when I unplug my mini maxx. But one thing I did have an issue with was when I had my cold coolant defuel turned on and I would unplug my mini maxx(when not up to temp) it would go to stock(no power). But if I let it warm up to temp it would stay on the power setting I unplugged it at.

I thought about that earlier today and was considering removing all defuels from my MM. Since, at least IMO, the defuels don't work like I would have liked them to, I end up using my right foot as my defuel anyways. I can always use the CTS to set alarms on various parameters. Oh yeah, that reminds me, my truck was always warmed up when I was testing today (when I was plugging and unplugging the MM).

Last edited:

Riverside

Reaction score
I assume you are running a splitter at the OBD2 port, right? When running both the CTS and MM, have you ever ran into communication issues between the two devices or the PCM?

Yes I'm running a splitter.
Every so often they will stop reading, but just turn it off and it will pick it up again.

I'm very happy with how it works

B585Ford

Reaction score
I just wanted to give just read a little update. I took off all the defuels on my MM. I left the wires in place in case I needed to hook my MM back up, but I removed the MM and put it in the house. I hooked up my CTS and now have over 1500 miles and at least 40 Engine starts with the CTS. Yesterday I plugged my MM back in just to verify what setting it was on. It was still on "performance" so I can verify that the minimax does not reset to "stock" on my truck.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I just wanted to give just read a little update. I took off all the defuels on my MM. I left the wires in place in case I needed to hook my MM back up, but I removed the MM and put it in the house. I hooked up my CTS and now have over 1500 miles and at least 40 Engine starts with the CTS. Yesterday I plugged my MM back in just to verify what setting it was on. It was still on "performance" so I can verify that the minimax does not reset to "stock" on my truck.

So its the same as my truck then. It stays on performance as long as the defuels are off.

B585Ford

Reaction score
So its the same as my truck then. It stays on performance as long as the defuels are off.

Yeah, I am guessing the confusion is related to what Eric said… The newer trucks turn back to stock, but the old 6.4's stay where they're supposed to.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.