Mini Maxx booting issue

Emery19

Reaction score
well i'm still having issues. it worked for a little bit now its back to getting locked on the boot screen... i'm going to check all my wiring and such tomorrow as one of my buddies works for a shop that things its a power issue.. however im also going to get a new sd card and format it. i'm really annoyed with this right now.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
if you power it up from the USB port on the side, does it boot up properly or freeze? I fear that it's still going to freeze :( They'll boot up just fine in 6.4 mode even with no communication through the HDMI

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
correct...

they include that because some applications (6.7 Ford for example) won't come off the initializing screen if they're powered by the HDMI but have no communication with the PCM.

But, when powered from the USB port, they will come off the initializing screen and allow access to all menus, etc.

The problem is (and the reason I don't want you to get excited at all) that when it's in 6.4 mode, the mini will boot straight to the main screen and will go back to the main menu. You can even export 6.4 files to the SD card with the head unit being a thousand miles away from the truck!

That's why I say I think it's the head unit :(

Emery19

Reaction score
hey sorry man, long week and i finally was able to pull the mini maxx out of the truck and bring it inside and take a look at it. plugged it into my computer and it wont boot. :( for reference i did take a picture of the screen it gets stuck on.. not totally sure where to go from here. one of my buddies who works at a diesel shop was telling me it could be a power issue, however everything else i plug into my OBD II port works. plus all my other accesories work and i cant seem to see any fuses out anywhere.. so i'm leaning to the head unit being bad.. however i just cant fathom these things going bad. it makes me sick to think about.. the only thing i havent done yet is get a new SD card and reformat it. so i'm going to order one on amazon and try that.. truck is currently stuck in the tow tune as it was working after hardwire and i bumped my tune up from stock. soooo thats where we sit right now with this.

852T8Grl.jpg

Emery19

Reaction score
hate to bump this thread up, because that means i'm still having issues. i guess my question is, anyone know if i have any option other then buying a completely new headunit? which i know won't be cheap

B585Ford

Reaction score
hate to bump this thread up, because that means i'm still having issues. i guess my question is, anyone know if i have any option other then buying a completely new headunit? which i know won't be cheap

I assume you have already contacted H&S? That is the only I can think of from here.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

send me a text 805-908-2017 , i'll get h&s support going for you . hate this is happening, but you do have to understand you're not under any warranty , nor is anybody with a legit unit over a year old. we'll see what we can figure out.

Emery19

Reaction score
I assume you have already contacted H&S? That is the only I can think of from here.

As far as i could tell they've shut down their point of contact, as their website lists no phone numbers.

Is the main firmware on the main head unit corrupt?

I'm not sure. i feel dumb asking. but i'm not sure how to check. it works sometimes but other then that idk.

send me a text 805-908-2017 , i'll get h&s support going for you . hate this is happening, but you do have to understand you're not under any warranty , nor is anybody with a legit unit over a year old. we'll see what we can figure out.

Completely understand Mike, i know the warranty was up a while ago, i'm just hoping for direction you know? i've been beating my head against the wall with this issue for so long and it just gotten to a point where im so frustrated. I set it aside for a while, but now i'm back to driving the truck more and i'm going to be needing it and i figured i need to revisit this problem and see what can happen. but i definitely appreciate your help, and everyone who has helped so far. i'll shoot you a text here in a minute.

B585Ford

Reaction score
F#kin EPA. That was a very well run company (IMO). It's a sad day that the EPA gets to pick and choose the winners and losers. I hope you get this issue sorted out. good luck

Latest posts

Members online