Mishimoto Blows Up an Intercooler!

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Watch what happens when a stock diesel intercooler tries to keep up with one of our performance aluminum intercoolers! This test proves that Mishimoto intercoolers can handle the pressure, and keep pushing the limits!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXrt5Cp2Ulc

Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Thanks,
Tyler Sylvester

CSIPSD

Reaction score
While thats very cool... Showing a stock 6.0 IC holding 100psi, doesnt do much to sell your intercoolers, just proves the point that 90% or better will not blow an end tank out.

You would be better off showing some pre and post IC temps, some pressure drop testing across the core and such...

IMHO, thats where performance is at. Not holding some magic number that 99.9% of people will never see.

Very cool video however.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
While thats very cool... Showing a stock 6.0 IC holding 100psi, doesnt do much to sell your intercoolers, just proves the point that 90% or better will not blow an end tank out.

You would be better off showing some pre and post IC temps, some pressure drop testing across the core and such...

IMHO, thats where performance is at. Not holding some magic number that 99.9% of people will never see.

Very cool video however.

Take a look at the engineering report on their website.

Mishimoto

Reaction score

Very cool video however.

This test was intended purely as a stress test to show the advantages of our cast aluminum end tanks over plastic end tanks. We have engineering reports on our website which outline more testing data, showing decreases in air intake temps, reduced pressure drop, and more efficient heat dissipation.

We also have several customers who are running 100psi+ on our intercoolers, and have nothing but positive things to say about them! On top of that, all of our products come with a lifetime warranty!

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Tyler

Take a look at the engineering report on their website.

cool test!

in the early years of the 6.0 I logged some tank failures @ 58 psi

Those guy's know how to have fun at work !

Thanks guys! That day was particularly exciting at work. :thumbsup:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
There is no doubt the welded and cast end tanks are stronger then plastic...

I'll look at the performance tests as well.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
as a side note to this thread... I was down at Mishimoto on Monday and we installed an IC in my green truck and did some testing. VERY nice unit especially compared to stock...

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Mishimoto seems to be on top of their game. Glad to see somebody putting the extra effort into quality control.

They are. It is a very nice piece (along with the rest of their line) The engineer personally installed the intercooler with me and this thing does not even compare to stock...

HOOV3R

Reaction score
They are. It is a very nice piece (along with the rest of their line) The engineer personally installed the intercooler while I watched and this thing does not even compare to stock...

I might have to pick one of these up.

neverkickn

Reaction score
This video reminds me of Ricky Bobys' interview "I feel like I should be doing something with my hands"

Sorry GuysLOL

Wayne

Reaction score
I've blown tanks off of a couple 6.0 factory intercoolers only running in the 35 psi range, so it doesn't take many mods before an intercooler upgrade becomes a necessity for my peace of mind. Glad to see it's out, and thoroughly tested.