Mishimoto Blows Up an Intercooler!

SmokedF747

Reaction score
I have a Mishimoto Radiator, Intercooler, and their piping also, real good quality, and like DZLPWR said, they are definetly thicker then stock by far. I saw a significant drop in egt's at wot with it along with a quicker spool up. well worth the coin if ya got it.

Attachments

• engine pic.jpg
    engine pic.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 65

Mishimoto

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to picking one if these up this summer!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! Let me know if you have any questions before placing an order. :thumbsup:

I've blown tanks off of a couple 6.0 factory intercoolers only running in the 35 psi range, so it doesn't take many mods before an intercooler upgrade becomes a necessity for my peace of mind. Glad to see it's out, and thoroughly tested.

Wow, that's very low! I can guarantee you won't have that issue with our intercooler! :D

do not hire those engineers to build a brick wall

The object was to absorb the explosion, not contain it. The blocks were stacked to allow slight movement, letting the pressurized air dissipate after absorbing the initial shock. If the blocks were stacked in a different way, the result would be the top plate shooting straight up. ;)

Mishimoto

Reaction score
I have a Mishimoto Radiator, Intercooler, and their piping also, real good quality, and like DZLPWR said, they are definetly thicker then stock by far. I saw a significant drop in egt's at wot with it along with a quicker spool up. well worth the coin if ya got it.

Thanks! Your engine bay looks awesome! :thumbsup:

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Hey guys, wanted to let you know that I won't be active on the forums until Monday. I am headed home to Michigan for the holidays. I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving! :)

In the meantime, check out this picture I snagged of some awesome dyno testing we had going on in the shop! We have a cool video about the testing coming out soon, so keep an eye out!

2meswf9.jpg

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Hey guys, wanted to let you know that I won't be active on the forums until Monday. I am headed home to Michigan for the holidays. I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving! :)

In the meantime, check out this picture I snagged of some awesome dyno testing we had going on in the shop! We have a cool video about the testing coming out soon, so keep an eye out!

2meswf9.jpg

Hopefully the video came out well! I have full faith in you guys... it's just my part that might be iffy LOL LOL

e.nickkk

Reaction score
Tyler have you compared your intercooler to other aftermarket intercoolers and pre and post temps? Thanks

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Hopefully the video came out well! I have full faith in you guys... it's just my part that might be iffy LOL LOL

Haha, I'm sure your part will be good! :thumbsup:

Tyler have you compared your intercooler to other aftermarket intercoolers and pre and post temps? Thanks

We do not do comparison testing between our products and other aftermarket products, as it is not our style. We prefer to compare to stock products, and provide solid data so that everyone can come to their own conclusion. We do encourage customers to perform their own testing as well, as it is always nice to see real world testing and comparisons. :)

Where at in Michigan? sorry derail over. I really am impressed, might have to buy a radiator, pipes, and IC when the time is right.

I'm from Kalamazoo, MI.

Thanks! Please let me know if you have any questions about our products, as I would be happy to help! :toast: