Mishimoto OBS Radiator Sale $289!

mandkole

Reaction score
Hmmm... did their dealers knew about this before it hit the net? If not, glad Im not a Mishimoto dealer. That would be kinda uncool

Reaction score
Hmmm... did their dealers knew about this before it hit the net? If not, glad Im not a Mishimoto dealer. That would be kinda uncool

I'd say! I kind of dicovered this by accident. I was planning an IC set up in my head and went to Mishi's site to look at a 7.3 cooler. Scrolling through I saw the price on the OBS radiator. Since it was a "too good to be true" I dropped them a message on their site asking if the price was correct. Got a replay Mon am that it was with salesman's direct line. I called first thing on Monday and ordered really thinking they were going to discover their mistake anytime. Once I received it I let you guys know. I'm still wordering whether A, they are discontinuing, or B, they are going to release an improved version but want the old ones gone, or C they discovered there is a defect in the ones in stock. I'm damn glad to get one since I'm still running the original radiator in the 96 and can't afford an $800 these days. No telling when I will put it in, probably a big thrash someday to properly weld up cracks in core support and install IC. Maybe they will have a sale on 7.3 IC's next?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I'd say! I kind of dicovered this by accident. I was planning an IC set up in my head and went to Mishi's site to look at a 7.3 cooler. Scrolling through I saw the price on the OBS radiator. Since it was a "too good to be true" I dropped them a message on their site asking if the price was correct. Got a replay Mon am that it was with salesman's direct line. I called first thing on Monday and ordered really thinking they were going to discover their mistake anytime. Once I received it I let you guys know. I'm still wordering whether A, they are discontinuing, or B, they are going to release an improved version but want the old ones gone, or C they discovered there is a defect in the ones in stock. I'm damn glad to get one since I'm still running the original radiator in the 96 and can't afford an $800 these days. No telling when I will put it in, probably a big thrash someday to properly weld up cracks in core support and install IC. Maybe they will have a sale on 7.3 IC's next?
If it were me and I was giving out a lifetime warranty on a product, I don't think I would let it out of my sight knowing of a current defect. I think you can cancel "C" out as an option with this company.

mandkole

Reaction score
We give our distribution much better support than this. If you were planning to run a sale, which is perfectly fine, why wouldnt you allow your dealers the opportunity to run it. Random dudes are going to sell them on ebay for chrissakes... They clearly did not need to go to the retail price level they did, so this makes no sense.

Awesome for the guys who got in, but if I was a dealer, I'd be uber pissed.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
We give our distribution much better support than this. If you were planning to run a sale, which is perfectly fine, why wouldnt you allow your dealers the opportunity to run it. Random dudes are going to sell them on ebay for chrissakes... They clearly did not need to go to the retail price level they did, so this makes no sense.

Awesome for the guys who got in, but if I was a dealer, I'd be uber pissed.

This ^ dealer cost on that rad is far more than what they have them priced at now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

co04cobra

Reaction score
Mine came in yesterday. Looks like a very nice piece. I'll try and take a few pics during install.

JSchuricht

Reaction score
Ordered one on the 22nd, got a call today to confirm what I ordered then they proceeded to tell me that it will not be in stock till September 1st. As of right now, their website still shows in stock, great inventory system:cursing:.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
:whs:

If its the same price I'll order mine today I got a call yesterday saying they're now out of stock. :shrug:

LoL not to be a dick but... If he bought them from Mishimoto like everyone else for 289.00 what would make you think he is going to sell them for 289.00 ?

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
LoL not to be a dick but... If he bought them from Mishimoto like everyone else for 289.00 what would make you think he is going to sell them for 289.00 ?

Wait, so you mean people aren't in business to sell parts and not profit? Weird! LOL LOL

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
Wow I can't imagine a world where almost everybody drop ships the product either right? Weird! I have run into several instances where the manufacturer actually wants more than the vendor just to keep the vendor with product. This apparently is not one of those cases I have no problem paying if I can get it right now nor do I take issue with them making money. Just trying to figure out where in my statement you find that I am saying they aren't in business to make money?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Wow I can't imagine a world where almost everybody drop ships the product either right? Weird! I have run into several instances where the manufacturer actually wants more than the vendor just to keep the vendor with product. This apparently is not one of those cases I have no problem paying if I can get it right now nor do I take issue with them making money. Just trying to figure out where in my statement you find that I am saying they aren't in business to make money?

Well you know where to get them if you want them.

Latest posts

Members online