missing 6.0 litre

psdguy95

Reaction score
I just hood power to a headlight and ground it through the harness. You can use a test light too. If it lights up bright you know its good. Lights up dim you have a problem

strok'n

Reaction score
im still unsure that it is even a wire because of the way it will stop when i turn the truck off and then back on againn. i just dont know what else to try.

strok'n

Reaction score
so i went through like you said with a signal light bulb and tested everything and the light is as bright as can be. i did it on all the injector wires just to be sure and everything is good. im really running out of ideas here any other thoughts?
i had a horrible thought last night and i dont want it to be true but i think i might have a leak in the high pressure oil system somewhere. so when it warms up the leak becomes more apparent to the truck and thats when it starts to miss. i hope it isnt related to that but it is a possibility.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
so i went through like you said with a signal light bulb and tested everything and the light is as bright as can be. i did it on all the injector wires just to be sure and everything is good. im really running out of ideas here any other thoughts?
i had a horrible thought last night and i dont want it to be true but i think i might have a leak in the high pressure oil system somewhere. so when it warms up the leak becomes more apparent to the truck and thats when it starts to miss. i hope it isnt related to that but it is a possibility.

I was thinking about your truck last night as well. I know you said you replaced the IPR Valve, but might be worth pulling it back out and doubly checking the screen on it....might have sucked some crap through the screen.

strok'n

Reaction score
I was thinking about your truck last night as well. I know you said you replaced the IPR Valve, but might be worth pulling it back out and doubly checking the screen on it....might have sucked some crap through the screen.

thats actually the second ipr valve i put in. i had the same concern so i went ahead and ordered a new one and swapped it out so i can completely rule out the ipr valve. when i took it out the screen was actually a little bit dirty but nothing that would make it do what it is doing.

strok'n

Reaction score
so just an update im about to try and go in a completely different direction. im going to test the fuel pressure because if im not getting adequate fuel supply to the farthest injector it will run the same. the reason i say that is because it gets good fuel right when it starts up but then when it starts to miss i think that the fuel starts to cut off. any input would be appreciated.

strok'n

Reaction score
[/COLOR]

DICK. Good luck with getting any...

im just really pissed off at this truck and then i see i have a notification i go into it hoping its some helpful advise and all i get is welcome to the site. like really.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
im just really pissed off at this truck and then i see i have a notification i go into it hoping its some helpful advise and all i get is welcome to the site. like really.

Well instead of lashing out on people, maybe its time to take the truck to a shop that knows more then you!!!!

Does that help?

strok'n

Reaction score
Well instead of lashing out on people, maybe its time to take the truck to a shop that knows more then you!!!!

Does that help?

im not going to take the truck to some douche to pay him $140 an hour to jerk off all day. also what does anything i have said have to do with you did i do anything to hurt you?

Strokersace

Reaction score

Like... Pay attention to where you post next time. You're in the 'newly listed' section. Which is where you'll get "welcome" messages. If you don't like it, learn to post technical problems and questions in the tech section! Like really.

im not going to take the truck to some douche to pay him $140 an hour to jerk off all day. also what does anything i have said have to do with you did i do anything to hurt you?

So you want to get free advice on here instead? Then get irritated when that advice isn't as precise as a paid certified mechanic might give???

He called you a Dick for how you reacted towards Tony. Refer to above to my comment about the section you posted in. Lose the ignorant attitude, RESEARCH a lot (like really a lot) before posting, learn to post issues in proper areas of site, take feedback constructively, and then maybe you'll get somewhere.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

Better you jerk off for free with a truck that is still broke.

No you didnt hurt me. But you want to act like a chit head, you will be treated like one...

strok'n

Reaction score
Better you jerk off for free with a truck that is still broke.

No you didnt hurt me. But you want to act like a chit head, you will be treated like one...

i sure am glad that you are putting so much effort into this considering i did nothing to you personally. people like you are amazing youre one of the people that just makes everything your business and tries to help people even when they dont need it. thank you so much for telling me why im such a bad person!

strok'n

Reaction score
Like... Pay attention to where you post next time. You're in the 'newly listed' section. Which is where you'll get "welcome" messages. If you don't like it, learn to post technical problems and questions in the tech section! Like really.

So you want to get free advice on here instead? Then get irritated when that advice isn't as precise as a paid certified mechanic might give???

He called you a Dick for how you reacted towards Tony. Refer to above to my comment about the section you posted in. Lose the ignorant attitude, RESEARCH a lot (like really a lot) before posting, learn to post issues in proper areas of site, take feedback constructively, and then maybe you'll get somewhere.
and i did pay attention to where i posted i got no replies when i posted in 6.0 tech so i posted here

Strokersace

Reaction score
and i did pay attention to where i posted i got no replies when i posted in 6.0 tech so i posted here

You posted both the same day. Talk about impatient!! Ever heard of bumping it to the front of the line each day? Like really.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
i sure am glad that you are putting so much effort into this considering i did nothing to you personally. people like you are amazing youre one of the people that just makes everything your business and tries to help people even when they dont need it. thank you so much for telling me why im such a bad person!

AH. You made your business ours the minute you posted here looking for help. Then when you didn't get the immediate answers you were looking for, you lash out on a vendor simply welcoming you to the board.

Great way to start out as a newbee here. Good luck with your truck. Remember, take a break between all the jerking off your doing!!! lol

strok'n

Reaction score
AH. You made your business ours the minute you posted here looking for help. Then when you didn't get the immediate answers you were looking for, you lash out on a vendor simply welcoming you to the board.

Great way to start out as a newbee here. Good luck with your truck. Remember, take a break between all the jerking off your doing!!! lol

I am sorry guys to everyone on here! I'm just getting really pissed off its not just the truck but anyways no one wants to here about that. To everyone that I have offended I am sincerely sorry. I came on here looking for help and like you said I was angry when I didn't get what I was looking for. Please understand I don't want to make anyone angry.

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
I am sorry guys to everyone on here! I'm just getting really pissed off its not just the truck but anyways no one wants to here about that. To everyone that I have offended I am sincerely sorry. I came on here looking for help and like you said I was angry when I didn't get what I was looking for. Please understand I don't want to make anyone angry.

That sounds a little bit better. There is a lot to taken in on here and a bunch of good/knowledgeable guys that will go out of their way to assist you in any way possible. Slow down a little and relax, if you can't figure out what is wrong with the truck then bite the bullet and take it to a reputable shop that will take care of you and not jerk you around.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.