modified vgt?

bjmunderwater

Reaction score
Would it be more cost effective to have a stock vgt modified to a 59mm or should I just bail on that idea and pick up a new one . I see stock turbos floating around for pretty cheap and thought it could be a cheaper route. Thought I seen some where on here that Barder turbo does vgt mods . As usual all info is appreciated.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I was gonna send mine off to get modded to a 59mm. And yes barder does these upgrades with great customer service as does RCD, Midwest diesel, and elite.

farmin powerstroke

Reaction score
The 7 blade is more of a low rpm wheel for day to day and towing and the 11 is more of a high rpm wheel and a more performance application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
Both billet. Not really sure if either makes more power. Just different characteristics. I've been around trucks with both. The 11 blades are on backorder now waiting for more. But will be phasing the 7 blades out in the future for simplicity reasons. Both work great. The power is determined my the atmo anyway. Just want to move to one design.

Fwiw elite uses a 6 blade batmo vgt. As far as I'm concerned they do a good job too.

like the ones we use. I don't think any other brand will outperform. And price wise you can't go wrong.

The vgt just needs to spool good and flow enough air as to not "choke" the air coming from the large atmo.

Be a month or so before the 11 blade wheels are in from manufacturing. Till then it will be 7 blade billets. Don't be shy, you won't regret it either way!

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I've only ever used the precision wheel. I would recommend it, or the 2 billet wheels that myself and Morgan sell. They are definitely the 3 leading designs IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Well the one that's in my shop came shipped in a box from elite and was accompanied by one of the first few 72's that were produced. That was two years ago I believe when I put it on the customers truck (which is currently in my shop with the cab up). Maybe you can't get it anymore but me and Jared were discussing vgt's and different wheels last week and he had mentioned something about the batmo 59 from elite then. So I don't think its a myth. Just not well known I guess.

Latest posts

Members online