Mods on a budget?

Ptbo64

Reaction score
So I've had my 09 6.4 for a few years now, unfortunate the job market in my industry fell out shortly after I got it, so I had to put the modifications on hold a bit. Now things have been back to normal long enough I have a little play money. Looking for advice on what you guys would do for mods on a budget of $2500-$3000 engine/drivetrain specifically. Not really worried about lifts and such, not yet anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
no limit intake & egr delete, 5" tb exhaust and a mini maxx with gearhead tunes.

RSK

Reaction score
So I've had my 09 6.4 for a few years now, unfortunate the job market in my industry fell out shortly after I got it, so I had to put the modifications on hold a bit. Now things have been back to normal long enough I have a little play money. Looking for advice on what you guys would do for mods on a budget of $2500-$3000 engine/drivetrain specifically. Not really worried about lifts and such, not yet anyway.

Is it 100% stock still? or have you deleted the dpf, deleted the egr, done and intake, down pipe, exhaust, cac pipe. Need to know where the truck sits right now before suggesting anything.

RSK

Reaction score
Still bone stock!

I would do 4" down pipe from street diesel performance, 4 or 5" down pipe back exhaust no bungs from whoever you want. that way you delete the dpf and cat unless you have keep your truck so it passes emissions in your state. then don't delete that stuff. H&S mini maxx is a nice tuner, not needed, it is nice that you can switch tunes on the fly, but not necessary at all, it does have gauges built in to it too which is nice. I run an sct with gear heads tuning, I'm currently in hot street, but upgrading to race this week. I would highly recommend his tuning, smooth power, smooth pedal, lots of power, and hg safe. well the hot street tune is anyway. No limit cold air intake, egr delete and cold side kit, and that's all that puts you around 2800 or so. mike from no limit can hook you up with most of that stuff. he may be able to get you the sdp down pipe, and an exhaust. I would check out his website.

RSK

Reaction score
Still bone stock!

also what are you hp goals? what do you use the truck for? do you tow with it, or just drive it and use it from a daily driver and trips to home depot or wherever you might need a truck.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
mini maxx, gear head tunes, pipe, filter

I can get you in a new mini maxx with MCC and GH tunes for the going price on just a mini :D

johnp115

Reaction score
mini maxx, gear head tunes, pipe, filter

I can get you in a new mini maxx with MCC and GH tunes for the going price on just a mini :D

This

Just give yourself the benefit of the doubt and get the H&S. You can run all 4 gear head tunes and switch on the fly. I used to have a SCT and never knew how nice it really is to be able to switch on the fly.

Ptbo64

Reaction score
I'm in Ontario Canada so we have emission testing. That said much of what has been suggested is kind if what I was thinking. I use the truck for towing a 4 horse trailer (5th wheel) and a 32ft bow rider boat (conventional) also would he interested in trying my hand at a sled pull or two at local fairs for ****s! Not looking for huge power/torque but definetly an improvement from stock

RSK

Reaction score
Sounds like a no limit intake. Cold side kit, and mini max with hot street will be your new best friends and depending on the inspection wether is visual or what will determine what exhaust you can do.

sootie

Reaction score
I'm in Ontario Canada so we have emission testing. That said much of what has been suggested is kind if what I was thinking. I use the truck for towing a 4 horse trailer (5th wheel) and a 32ft bow rider boat (conventional) also would he interested in trying my hand at a sled pull or two at local fairs for ****s! Not looking for huge power/torque but definetly an improvement from stock

i/m in ontario also and have a used race mini maxx if you need it. pm me.

i have other stuff as well.

Ptbo64

Reaction score
Our emissions test is done buy plugging into the odb computer and visual I believe seems to change every though! I don't believe they tail readings at the tail anymore

sootie

Reaction score
what city are you in? mine passes fine (knock on wood) tailpipe sniffer never gets fazed and the guys rarely do the visual.

with the H&S tuning, all the codes are blocked so the OBD reader is happy.

08_6.4stroker

Reaction score
what city are you in? mine passes fine (knock on wood) tailpipe sniffer never gets fazed and the guys rarely do the visual.

with the H&S tuning, all the codes are blocked so the OBD reader is happy.

I haven't had to get mine e tested yet. I'm in Kitchener area. But you bring yours in with the egr and dpf deleted?

Latest posts

Members online