more horsepower

Chrisf97305

Reaction score
because of smog checks in my area, DPF removal is out of the question. How much horsepower can i get out of a 2014 with just a tune? What other upgrades can i do? the truck is used as a daily driver and i tow a 35' travel trailer. What can i do?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
dpf on 120hp increase, and be ready for regen ore often.

Reaction score
You can make a lot. But the dpf just doesn't handle it for very long. Seems as around 450 or so is about the max before regens spike up a lot and mileage start to decrease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
You can make a lot. But the dpf just doesn't handle it for very long. Seems as around 450 or so is about the max before regens spike up a lot and mileage start to decrease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they wont make 450 with the dpf on . more like 420-430

Chrisf97305

Reaction score
the reason for this question it not to build big hp, but to make the stock engine run at its best. i just want a fun and reliable truck. my goal is to find the week links and to improve a good engine.

Chrisf97305

Reaction score
i do like the way the truck runs, but am always looking for a little more.
here is my thoughts, how about i run a electric cut out in front of the DPF, bypass the dpf when running the high hp tunes, for dyno's and drag racing and truck pulling. then when on the street, shut the cut out and de-tune the truck. is this something that could be tuned?

RedRice589

Reaction score
i do like the way the truck runs, but am always looking for a little more.
here is my thoughts, how about i run a electric cut out in front of the DPF, bypass the dpf when running the high hp tunes, for dyno's and drag racing and truck pulling. then when on the street, shut the cut out and de-tune the truck. is this something that could be tuned?

That would work and if you have a problem with anything you can open it and tune it Dpf off and just deal with the noise of an open downpipe lol

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I don't see the point of going through all of the trouble to build a down pipe with cutout and then pull that off when going to the dealer and then the dealership still knows you tuned it. It's a good concept but it won't fool the stealership. Just Saying

WHY NOT

Reaction score
If I were you I would run some EGR blocker plates and just a delete pipe then throw the DPF back on once a year to pass smog. That or find some friends that can do the testing and give them a little extra cash. When I lived in MO thats how my car with no cats would pass inspection lol.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
I thought these trucks were over the GVW requirements to be tested in Oregon? Something like over 8600 is exempt?

Latest posts

Members online