Motorcrap Fuel Pump to A1000

jbkingranch

Reaction score
Stock fuel pump took a crap this morning! Just replaced it in November. I had got a tank full of water when pulling a trailer for my boss. Since he was paying for the diesel I had to go to his Cenex and fill up with his CC on file there. By the time I got all the water out of the tank by draining the filter on my FASS the stock pump was burned up and so was #1 and #3 injectors. He bought me a Motorcrap pump and 4 injectors. I just had to put them in. Got payed for it too.

Fast forward to 9am this morning. Filled up with diesel, got 100' out of the station and truck started loosing power then just bogged straight down! Thought it was a clogged fuel filter on the FASS. Didnt have a RR before though. Pulled the plug out of my regulator on the RR and put my gauge in and only had 5psi on the gauge with the key turned on. Replaced the filters on the FASS and turned the key back on. Instantly 40psi and slowly creeped up to 60 before the stock fuel pump cut off. Did this 4 times then cranked the truck. Ran great! Put it in gear... Well SH!T. Back to 5psi under a load.

Called JJ at Dozers and he already has a A1000 heading to me. Custom plumbing is being built to run with my FASS and shipped Monday. Thanx Man!

Zmann

Reaction score
I have no issues with the OEM pump or quality myself

the original replacement you used was it brand new?

sounds like fuel quality is a problem ?
good luck with the new Aftermarket unit

jbkingranch

Reaction score
The replacement one was from the Ford Dealer. It was the upgraded one. Had a new wiring harness with it. My fuel runs through a FASS first then was going to the stock pump and I always put either Ford additive or Howes. The pump itself did not go put. The motor did.

Mdub707

Reaction score
The new "upgraded one" just has the heater removed, and the new wiring harness is the same, just has the wiring for the heater removed as well. They're pretty good pumps, so I'd suspect fuel quality being an issue...

Nic

Reaction score
^^ that was a big deal up there where he is working..only fueling station within like 80 miles and theres no telling what youre gonna get either..:doh:

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
delete that fass as well. the a1000 will be all you need.

why does everyone feel the need to put a push pump that flows less behind a pump,that will out flow it hands down.

a1000 and fuellab are all i use,and the pressure only drops when i shut the truck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nic

Reaction score
doesnt it help feed the A1000 or fuelab? And maybe because of the filtering?? maybe if a pump fails you have a backup? :shrug: :poke:

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
doesnt it help feed the A1000 or fuelab? And maybe because of the filtering?? maybe if a pump fails you have a backup? :shrug: :poke:

many different ways to filter a system,than to add that much expense to a system using a prepatory.

ill post up some pics.

Mdub707

Reaction score
delete that fass as well. the a1000 will be all you need.

why does everyone feel the need to put a push pump that flows less behind a pump,that will out flow it hands down.

a1000 and fuellab are all i use,and the pressure only drops when i shut the truck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You use the fuel lab or a-1000 feeding the stocker, or stand-alone? What do you use for filtering setup? RR?

I've been trying to decide what to do, but it's tough since a RR wont be a simple bolt on job for me...

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You use the fuel lab or a-1000 feeding the stocker, or stand-alone? What do you use for filtering setup? RR?

I've been trying to decide what to do, but it's tough since a RR wont be a simple bolt on job for me...

a-1000 or lab,standalone with rr return.

ill post pictures and part numbers later.

Zmann

Reaction score
Definitely a nice standalone filter separator would be on my wish list

Mdub707

Reaction score
I really want to do something, but not sure which way to go. Anyone running deadhead still making decent power? I'm kind of limited with a RR setup, as I already have fuel lines feeding into the back of the heads.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I really want to do something, but not sure which way to go. Anyone running deadhead still making decent power? I'm kind of limited with a RR setup, as I already have fuel lines feeding into the back of the heads.

johns 550 is still deadhead feeding 205 50% successfully. min pressure drop.

we only did it to see if it would work. truck is roughly 500-525 on the ground. no issues. even has the factory fuel bowl.

09stroker

Reaction score

Then just run the lines from the regulator to the front of the heads.

Mdub707

Reaction score
That's good to know. I can't imagine wanting to go much more than that anyways. Is that right? A 50% nozzle on a 205???

Mdub707

Reaction score
Then just run the lines from the regulator to the front of the heads.

I can't do that, I don't think... either way it's going to take some custom plumbing to make it work. I have two separate fuel systems, the stocker feeding into the front, and the WVO system feeding into the back, check valves on either end.

Spectre32

Reaction score
I can't do that, I don't think... either way it's going to take some custom plumbing to make it work. I have two separate fuel systems, the stocker feeding into the front, and the WVO system feeding into the back, check valves on either end.

Should have went witha biodiesel setup and not WVO!

Latest posts

Members online