MPD Budget Kit Install

Bullet 21

Reaction score
I didn't take many pictures during the process, it was definitely a major pain in the @$$ to do by myself, but I got it done.

I installed the MPD Budget kit w/ 363sx-e and the complete piping kit. I started at 8 am on Saturday, worked on it from 8-6pm and again from 1030 pm to 130am. I got a few hours sleep and started again this morning at 730am, I finished up around 8pm. I thought once I finally got the factory crap out that it would be smooth sailing but I ran into figment issue after figment issue. The first issue was the passenger side up pipe did not want to perfectly align so I could get the v-band clamp on.....I finally got it close enough but I am worried that it'll leak. My next fitment issue was with the piping kit, the hot side went in but it was very tight, the cold side was awful, the 90° boot was way too long, I had to modify it before I could even attempt to put the pipe in place. The boot was way too long, it hit the fan shroud and basically bent back towards the CAC, once trimmed it didn't want to line up at the intake and I basically had to force it to go. The clamp for the hot side that attaches to the turbo seized up and broke so I need to find a replacement before I can fire it up. Getting the intake on was a chore as well, but I finally got it after wrestling with it for awhile.

The rest of the parts from No Limit went on perfectly.

A couple questions,

1: I didn't see a port in the intake for the MAP sensor? Should it be left out? I did install the MAF sensor in the intake tube just after the filter.

2: If the passenger up pipe leaks at the v-band, I am not sure how to fix it, the pipes will not align up...even with a pry bar.

In the morning I have to tighten up the downpipe bolt to the bell housing, fill the coolant and bleed, tune, and fire.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
If the up pwipe leaks, loosen it at the manifold and get it lined up, then tighten the clamp and then tighten at the manifold last. I would figure you would need tge map sensor in there, but i am not sure if non vgt tuning uses it or not, sorry if i cant help ya there...

And i know its a little late now, but we always line up the up pipes with the turbo bolts loose, tighten the clamps, and then torque the turbo down.

Bullet 21

Reaction score
Finally got a little sleep, and time to think on it. I am pretty happy with everything, another set of hands would have been great but I managed.

I found the map sensor port this morning, my lack of sleep kept it hidden apparently.

I am loading the auto agent and PPEI tunes right now, had a little snag after updating the firmware but a quick call to Ez Lynn's tech support (on a holiday) and we figured it out pretty quick. When the firmware updated, I failed to leave the auto agent unplugged long enough. I'm linked with PPEI and the tune is currently loading. I believe this will be a killer tuning solution.

All I have left is to bleed the coolant.

When I put the v-band clamp on the passenger up pipe, I had it loose on the manifold and I thought I had the pipe connection loose at the turbo. I may have to adjust that but it shouldn't be too bad.

Updates to come.

Bullet 21

Reaction score
Been driving for about an hour, Running on the street tune. The difference is amazing. The tunes are smooth, shifts are perfect, I'm very impressed. There is a little smoke just before the turbo lights, but once lit she cleans up and its gone.

I do have a small leak on the passenger side up pipe, that seems to be my only issue at the moment other than a check engine light at each start up but the auto agent doesn't detect any trouble codes....if I clear it, its gone until the next startup.

I did some data logging and submitted it through the app.....works pretty slick.

gcowart140

Reaction score
I installed my maf sensor the wrong way and it caused a check engine light like that

Bullet 21

Reaction score
I used my SCT to pull the code, its throwing a P007D which is Charge Air Cooler Temperature Sensor Circuit High. I can tell you that this sensor is not plugged in as there was not a place to put it.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I used my SCT to pull the code, its throwing a P007D which is Charge Air Cooler Temperature Sensor Circuit High. I can tell you that this sensor is not plugged in as there was not a place to put it.

Just plug the sensor into the wiring and zip tie it out of the way. Or have the tuner cancel out that circuit.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I installed my maf sensor the wrong way and it caused a check engine light like that

I've always wondered how someone does this. The bolt holes don't even line up when installed wrong. I tried it just to see how it could happen. Mine only will go one way...

Bullet 21

Reaction score
I've always wondered how someone does this. The bolt holes don't even line up when installed wrong. I tried it just to see how it could happen. Mine only will go one way...

I thought about that but was afraid the sensor would get wet and screw something up. I'll probably just have Kory tune it out.

gcowart140

Reaction score

I wasn't paying attention and put the piping backwards when I put my no limit intake on

Bullet 21

Reaction score
Couple pics from the install:

Got the monster out!

IMG_20160703_102739907.jpg

New 363 going in:

IMG_20160703_122311768.jpg

All finished up:

IMG_20160704_142302798.jpg

Latest posts

Members online