mpd budget s366 review

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Where do you stand on pulling the copyright protected software off of a vehicle's computer, modifying it, and selling it as your own?

Just curious

Personally, I don't really take issue with it.

Because there rich! So it's rightfully ours until we go vote the opposite way!!

Ford even places warning labels on the vehicle about tampering with federally regulated software and emissions devices. Yet we do it anyways. Like drug dealers. Just like drug dealers. Lol

LOL.... I remember being 3.5yrs old and fighting with my brothers about who's stuff was who's.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I just think it's a bit absurd to chastise someone for downloading software that was openly available to download on the website.

It wasn't pulled until someone recommended downloading the 6.4 MCC files (which require a $199 code on top of the $1000+ tuner to even take advantage of) for one of their own kits.

I have ZERO issue with H&S pulling the calibrations from their website, but you can't tell me that in this day and age they HONESTLY thought that "gawwwwwleee, ain't nobody gonna download these here files if they don't buy one of our turbo kits" :rolleyes: They openly recommended (ON THE DOWNLOAD PAGE) utilizing MCC to modify the tunes to best suit the truck's combination.

I mean... if it's THAT big of a deal, I would expect one of their employees to be the one doing the chastising. Not some random customer. It just comes off kinda petty IMO :eek:

But I've been told countless times over the years that my opinion is **** LOL

carry on

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Or call upon your moral compass.

Truthfully the moral compass would have been for HS or any tuner to develop there own PCM and harness instead of hacking into proprietary software and tweaking it and reselling it.

But they didn't. And I don't care. So I bought HIS product. Because I like HS.

So my question is where does he morality begin and end?

bdm1981

Reaction score
I just think it's a bit absurd to chastise someone for downloading software that was openly available to download on the website.

It wasn't pulled until someone recommended downloading the 6.4 MCC files (which require a $199 code on top of the $1000+ tuner to even take advantage of) for one of their own kits.

I have ZERO issue with H&S pulling the calibrations from their website, but you can't tell me that in this day and age they HONESTLY thought that "gawwwwwleee, ain't nobody gonna download these here files if they don't buy one of our turbo kits" :rolleyes: They openly recommended (ON THE DOWNLOAD PAGE) utilizing MCC to modify the tunes to best suit the truck's combination.

I mean... if it's THAT big of a deal, I would expect one of their employees to be the one doing the chastising. Not some random customer. It just comes off kinda petty IMO :eek:

But I've been told countless times over the years that my opinion is **** LOL

carry on
Finally someone gets it...

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Truthfully the moral compass would have been for HS or any tuner to develop there own PCM and harness instead of hacking into proprietary software and tweaking it and reselling it.

But they didn't. And I don't care. So I bought HIS product. Because I like HS.

So my question is where does he morality begin and end?

Please don't think I'm calling out H&S here... Anybody who knows me knows I'm a huge proponent of their entire line of products. They've done more for diesel performance over the past decade than any other single company IMO

The same tuner/ecm staatement could be said about pretty much any tuner/tuning company.

I don't have a problem with samples and remixes!!! I love all kinds of music. Even when it comes from the tailpipe of a truck.

My point is your last question... where does one draw the lines of morality in this instance, and is it REALLY necessary to call someone immoral for taking advantage of the free files that H&S was kind enough to post on their website with no expressed statement that they were only to be used with their hard parts kits? Everything I remember reading regarding those files implied to ME that they were there for the taking and for the use of those who had purchased H&S tuners.

Seemed like if they only wanted them to be used with their hard parts, they would only offer them with purchase. Which... they're now doing! Which is fine!!!!

But I'm not going to brow-beat a fellow diesel enthusiast because his signature doesn't read like an H&S-Motorsports catalog yet he has one of their superior tuners on his truck and downloaded the free files that they used to have available for him to download.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Please don't think I'm calling out H&S here... Anybody who knows me knows I'm a huge proponent of their entire line of products. They've done more for diesel performance over the past decade than any other single company IMO

The same tuner/ecm staatement could be said about pretty much any tuner/tuning company.

I don't have a problem with samples and remixes!!! I love all kinds of music. Even when it comes from the tailpipe of a truck.

My point is your last question... where does one draw the lines of morality in this instance, and is it REALLY necessary to call someone immoral for taking advantage of the free files that H&S was kind enough to post on their website with no expressed statement that they were only to be used with their hard parts kits? Everything I remember reading regarding those files implied to ME that they were there for the taking and for the use of those who had purchased H&S tuners.

Seemed like if they only wanted them to be used with their hard parts, they would only offer them with purchase. Which... they're now doing! Which is fine!!!!

But I'm not going to brow-beat a fellow diesel enthusiast because his signature doesn't read like an H&S-Motorsports catalog yet he has one of their superior tuners on his truck and downloaded the free files that they used to have available for him to download.

My blue heaven quote..... "I'm wich you, I'm wich you"!

I see no problem someone downloading a freely downloadable tune.

gcowart140

Reaction score
If somebody from hs wants me to pay for or remove my tunes your welcome to contact me. I'll be happy to pay for them if that means they come with support.

All the hs nut swingers can go get ****ed.

And for the record I have nothing but great things to say about hs. I love all of the hs products Iv ran so far and can't wait to order thier dual fueler kit.

Would you buy the same kit again or go a different route ?

I might would call midwest and see if they still offer thier budget kit and give it a shot but for the money hell yeah I'd buy it it again.

For my power goals this kit is great and add another 1200 for piping and you have a nice setup for 3700. I would love to have a hs kit with new manifolds and gated but for what I want out of the truck this is fine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.