mpd t-4 mount cracked! please help with possible cause

Riverside

Reaction score
I'm wondering if they went with an aluminized piping and it's just not handling the heat. If it was stainless I would say no but if it's not then I would start there. And it looks like it's not an uncommon problem. Not bashing, just my opinion with history of working with different metals and such.

Put a magnet on it.
Magnets wont stick to stainless.

buck russell

Reaction score
I was under the impression this is part of the reason they were redoing the single kits

They are redoing the kits. Should be released soon! :)

I had a similar crack and had a local fab shop reinforce my pedestal and piping until I can get my hands on the new unit from MPD. Craig and Buddy have been nothing short of awesome to deal with. Wouldn't give my money to anyone else!

Reaction score

I had a similar crack and had a local fab shop reinforce my pedestal and piping until I can get my hands on the new unit from MPD. Craig and Buddy have been nothing short of awesome to deal with. Wouldn't give my money to anyone else!
Mpd is the only company I would give my cash to. They're always spot on and always get my stuff here. No complaints!
:whs:

Lmgrpowerstroke

Reaction score

I have a kit on order from them when they are finished up

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
We will take care of it, call me tomorrow.

Hellen Keller sent this?

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
you realize there is magnetic and non-magnetic stainless, right??

it all has to do with the carbon content of the stainless.

ford rules

Reaction score
you realize there is magnetic and non-magnetic stainless, right??

it all has to do with the carbon content of the stainless.

I was wondering if anyone else would realize this, not all stainless is the same and magnets will stick to some.

Stroke_this

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else would realize this, not all stainless is the same and magnets will stick to some.

Every batch made is different all depends on the carbon content. You can use a Nixon gun if you can get your hands on one or a fresh grinding wheel. You can tell a lot from the sparks

ford rules

Reaction score
I rember the spark thing now that you mention it, we learned about that a little bit in my HS metals class but not enough for me to claim to know anything about it lol
I just know some stainless ive delt with at work would stick to a magnet. and its all a bitch to drill in my experiance.

Latest posts

Members online