My 2015 6.7 HS Motorsports 64mm Kit

zack birge

Reaction score
So I've finally gotten around to making a post on here. I first ordered the kit from Mike at No Limit as I do all my other goodies but I was unaware of a shop locally to install it and I didn't want to chance it myself on making a minor mistake. So with my crazy schedule and after a few weeks of the kit sitting in the garage I finally lined out a time to have it installed. I decided to use Calvins Automotive in Sulphur, LA. Shawn was a super cool dude to deal with and very knowledgable.

We made it to Louisiana and kicked the boat off at the motel and took the truck to shawn on a Tuesday morning. By early afternoon he had already started sending me pictures during the process. Wednesday morning they had began reinstalling HS parts and they kept me up to date with more pics. Around 8 or so that night Shawn called me and asked if I wanted to check it out... Of course I do I had been sitting in the motel for what seemed like a week already haha. Needless to say I was thrilled with the overall performance and sound of the kit. Shawn wanted to keep the truck overnight and recheck some stuff the next morning then bring it back to me Thursday morning.

I couldn't believe how responsive it was for being a larger non vgt turbo.

Hooked up the boat and off to SC we went. Mileage was surprisingly about the same if not a little bit better than before the install.

Tuning - I began with a file Matt sent me for the kit which ran great but I had some codes I didn't really want to see for the remainder of the trip. I went over and saw Kory at PPEI and had some tuning done there with was pretty sick if you ask me. Perfect shifting and good mileage. Truck runs like a scalded ape even as big and heavy as it sits right now. We made 580hp and 1187ft lbs with the 600 file from Matt and made 575hp and 1200ft lbs with PPEI tuning. I still want to get up with Matt to get some of those codes turned off to do some more comparisons. I just need to be at home for a little bit to really start messing with it more.

Shawn at Calvins Automotive said "flawless install and perfect fit and finish". Now if you ask me that says a lot. They deal with numerous kits and setups especially in the duramax market. They were very pleased with the kit and highly recommend HS Motorsports.

Below are a couple images and a short clip on the dyno.

212gu11.jpg

25yuivb.jpg

i4k2f6.jpg

90v8cp.jpg

25yuivb.jpg

90v8cp.jpg

View My Video

zack birge

Reaction score
I will try and get Kory to send me the graphs from the pulls for comparison as well. Sorry I don't have them to post right now.

zack birge

Reaction score
Yeah my neighbor does his own powder coating! Here is another shot I missed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 166
Reaction score
I love the way this kit turned out Zack. The color looks awesome and Calvin's did an excellent job on the install. You're going to love the way it tows if you haven't already noticed!

zack birge

Reaction score
I love the way this kit turned out Zack. The color looks awesome and Calvin's did an excellent job on the install. You're going to love the way it tows if you haven't already noticed!

Yes it pulls awesome! Very pleased.

It does have a hefty price tag. But the fit and finish is well worth it

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
What are the specs on the turbo? I couldn't find any turbo specific information on No Limit's website.

zack's kit is the 64mm bell turbo. it has proven to be the best of both worlds , response and peak power, but carries the price tag with it. you can get virtually the same kit with the new borg warner sxe turbos' 63,64,66,69 as well for about $1000 less. the 63 and 64 will be much more favorable if you need response and plan to tow, 66 is for MINIMAL use towing and 69 , isn't gonna be a good heavy hauler in the least .

let me know if i can help you out further !

JRLott

Reaction score
Here I was thinking that lusting after a streetmax would satisfy me.

zack birge

Reaction score
zack's kit is the 64mm bell turbo. it has proven to be the best of both worlds , response and peak power, but carries the price tag with it. you can get virtually the same kit with the new borg warner sxe turbos' 63,64,66,69 as well for about $1000 less. the 63 and 64 will be much more favorable if you need response and plan to tow, 66 is for MINIMAL use towing and 69 , isn't gonna be a good heavy hauler in the least .

Mike nailed it!! I'm 100% satisfied with every aspect of this kit

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score

Meh go big or go home!:naughty:

onebadcoastie

Reaction score

Thanks for the info Mike! It may be awhile as my squarebody is getting my $$$ right now. lol. I've already got a list of parts from you I want but I'm still about $10k from finishing the pavement pounder. lol

Latest posts

Members online