My 7.3 issues

Arisley

Reaction score
Should be smooth. If the breaker bar stops, it's bad. A full revolution is 360º, all you have to go to clear the cylinders is 720º. Go 1440º. Always err on the side of overkill.

neverkickn

Reaction score
If you haven't checked compression already then you need to do that. Sounds and looks to be a worn out engine.

Where it me, I would button it back up, sell it and go buy an f150, unless of course you tow moderately heavy loads on a regular basis. If you do this, you can take all the money you would have spent fixing on a busted old truck and put it back for a rainy day.

mn_sclb

Reaction score
I'd be towing a 3 place utility trailer, with equipment, and the occasional dump trailer full of trees. A plow in the winter months also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mn_sclb

Reaction score
A 1/2 ton could do most of those, but the last time a half ton tried to pull the dumpy... Well it blew up. Of course it was a chebby tho

neverkickn

Reaction score
Hard start, white smoke, torn intake boot, worn looking compressor wheel....just saying its a possibility that you engine is tired. Before you start screwing with all the appendages you better check on the heart. New injector orings don't do a damn thing for worn cylinder walls.

mn_sclb

Reaction score
So I went to harbor freight and of coarse they're all out of the 1000psi compression testers. From what I've read the harbor freight ones work, but require some modifications to clear the rocker arms. On Amazon they have similar kits, some with and without 90° elbows. Does anyone know if the kits without the elbow fitting would work without modification?

mn_sclb

Reaction score
... And so it all starts to come together, I got some more info out of the previous owner this morning. Apparently he used the DPP fit upgrade kit, for 80% nozzles. And based on what he told me before that could be causing all of my issues. He rebuilt them himself then that's when the oil consumption, and hard starts began..

Strokersace

Reaction score
Injectors aren't a Lego set. I personally leave them up to the professionals to work on. People with a proven track record.

Layson

Reaction score
... And so it all starts to come together, I got some more info out of the previous owner this morning. Apparently he used the DPP fit upgrade kit, for 80% nozzles. And based on what he told me before that could be causing all of my issues. He rebuilt them himself then that's when the oil consumption, and hard starts began..

LOL now he tells you this...LOL

Layson

Reaction score
LOL. That is one thing I would never even think to attempt....LOL

injectordiagram.gif

mn_sclb

Reaction score
So many parts! And that's simplified ? I don't even know how many times I asked him 'is there anything else I should know?' Some people, I guess. I just hate sending off such expensive parts to strange places. I have friends who work for ups and the way they treat packages... Well I'd be pissed to say the least

mn_sclb

Reaction score
He told me he just lived with it, kept it plugged in all year round so it'd fire right up.. Maybe his pride wouldn't let him accept that maybe he did something wrong

psduser1

Reaction score
Yea, I hate to break it to you, but you may have been the pooch.
Take the injectors out, send them out to someone who actually knows what .005 looks like. Nate at unlimited has always treated me well on a check and flow scenario. Pretty good turnaround, and he won't bs you.
If you need to replace one or more, it'll hurt, but you gotta start with decent parts to make these run.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yea, I hate to break it to you, but you may have been the pooch.
Take the injectors out, send them out to someone who actually knows what .005 looks like. Nate at unlimited has always treated me well on a check and flow scenario. Pretty good turnaround, and he won't bs you.
If you need to replace one or more, it'll hurt, but you gotta start with decent parts to make these run.
hells to the yeah! well said man!!

live life full throttle

Members online

No members online now.