My build so far...

TexasPowerstroke

Reaction score
Thx to the normal non hypocritical people for trying to help someone out but to the other fruitcake,well he can kiss the dark side.
A so called business man comes on here & tries to belittle someone who only has an opinion that varies from his such as my desire to use an s&b intake instead of an open one for blatantly obvious reasons,dude ive done about finished my build & not one sale went to you all because your the idiot.

* you're *

gfulton

Reaction score
Thx to the normal non hypocritical people for trying to help someone out but to the other fruitcake,well he can kiss the dark side.
A so called business man comes on here & tries to belittle someone who only has an opinion that varies from his such as my desire to use an s&b intake instead of an open one for blatantly obvious reasons,dude ive done about finished my build & not one sale went to you all because your the idiot.

Chuck I think you are treading on thin ice......

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
* you're *

I am what?Truth has a power very few can handle.The fact is when the no limit stage 2 intake came to be & this guy was trying to peddle his wares i elaborated on the benefits of an enclosed type & this enraged this so called american who doesn't believe in freedom of speech or a difference in opinion & instead of saying to each their own decides to attack me & naturally the leg humpers followed along.
I have nothing to hide.Then being a true sport has me banned,yes i know he did as he admitted to it in a way as to say mr henson will not be with us for a month,of course he wasn't as polite as i make it sound.
I never try to poke @ people but do believe a man has a right to defend himself when being attacked,good day gentleman.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
He wasn't saying you are anything.
You posted "your the idiot"
He was correcting your abhorrent punctuation. The correct contraction in that case is "you're"
As in YOU'RE the idiot.

Reaction score
And hes at it again.......I wish he would just move on to another forum already. Brings absolutely nothing to the table and is always starting something with someone. Seems like every single thread he posts in, he ends up causing problems or arguments.

Charles, please do us all a favor, move to a different forum if you are so unhappy with the people around here and the things we have to say. If Mike only banned you for a month, consider yourself lucky and must have been in a good mood that day. He should have banned you for at least a year....or better yet....10 years.

Notneb

Reaction score
S&B was what I had, however it wouldn't have worked with the SS intercooler piping as it replaces the factory intake. The EGR and CCV kit can be anyone, I just chose No Limit because it was recommended and now my engine says No Limit pretty much everywhere you look. I highly recommend going through Midwest for the parts, as their customer support is awesome!

Notneb

Reaction score
Quick update: Emailed Midwest this morning, and they shot me a tracking number a few hours later! So the part should be here tomorrow or Monday. I'll get the pics posted as well as some tips and tricks for the piping install when I get home!

Notneb

Reaction score
Okay so first, sorry for the wait, got crazy busy last night and today. Second, this is kind of a write up on things I found while installing the SS intercooler piping, not the EGR/CCV delete, since there is already existing write ups.

I will throw this pic in there, just because it astounds me just how much oil gets into our intake system with the factory CCV system! My truck has 3000 miles on it, and this was the view of the turbo inlet:
207_zps5ke2xyyd.jpg

While it doesn't look like much, this was pretty much the scene for all the intercooler piping, just oil everywhere! Ignore the coolant everywhere, turns out there's more residual coolant in the EGR than I though >.> <.<

Ok so first of all my gripes about the SS kit: clamps... damn 3" clamps... They are the exact diameter of the outside diameter of the rubber boots. This is fully extended, meaning with the nut baaarrreeely on, I still couldn't get it over the boot, once it was over the piping. I had to use a big set of channel lock pliers to squeeze the clamp together so I could get the nut started.
208_zpsxhbmmush.jpg

209_zpsmxeubr4c.jpg

As you can see here, I enlisted the help of my girlfriend to get at some hard to reach spots, where my gorilla hands just wouldn't go. Also was an excuse to take booty shots without her noticing >.>
223_zpsnp4n1tnn.jpg

Here you can see it's all together, and also the gratuitous use of electrical tape on the hot side there, near the intercooler... This is holding on a piece of rubber shielding because low and behold, the alternator hot lead has a VERY flimsy boot on it, which while putting the piping on, got a tear in it, and caused immediate sparkage! So that's something to watch out for. for anyone doing this mod, I suggest putting a sheet of rubber over the alternator while installing the piping kit to avoid this in the future.
224_zpsjpcqgry8.jpg

225_zpsmfzeqj6z.jpg

The last pic you can see the missing EGR coolant block off plate that should be here Monday. Also the exhaust port that's missing the block off plate, because the holes are slightly off *1/4"* so I'll have to do some mill work tomorrow to get it to fit, not a big deal.
226_zpszcjypmus.jpg

Here you can see how the intake piping mounting bracket doesn't quite line up with the existing hole, I will be fabbing up something to keep it anchored as otherwise the whole thing will bounce around.
227_zpsirylxozn.jpg

Here's a closeup of the spark prevention kit... lol. Also you can see a hose clamp I re-used from the S&B intake, because I just couldn't get the supplied 3" clamps to go around that part. I will be replacing it Monday with a proper clamp, so don't worry!

Not going to lie, this mod was a pain in the butt, just because of small things like the clamp size, and doing it mostly all by myself, as the girlfriend got pretty tired of my constant cussing about 1 hour into it, lol. Once I get the EGR part Monday, I'll take it out on the road and get a few video's and post the results!

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Good to hear you got it back together. Almost. Lol. And you sir are a master photographer! :D

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Took her out today after I got the block off plate on, holy hell she's loud now!!! Spool up time and throttle response is much quicker, way less smoke when WOT too! Will tighten up clamps and bolts tomorrow and take her out again, take some vids and post links!

Notneb

Reaction score
Going to route my CCV hose to a fitting I've put together and into the exhaust pipe, the smell of hot oil is just annoying me. Will post pics!

Latest posts

Members online