My Build Thread-American Hogger

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Got the truck out. I have 5 codes. Intake air temp, mass air flow, generator control module and 2 glow plug codes. Had a vgt one but I plugged the controller box in. Will only rev to 1000 rpm and just under 10k rail. Smoke just kinda sputters out the pipe and not very much at all. I don't have my mass air flow or gp module plugged in. Any ideas?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Got the truck out. I have 5 codes. Intake air temp, mass air flow, generator control module and 2 glow plug codes. Had a vgt one but I plugged the controller box in. Will only rev to 1000 rpm and just under 10k rail. Smoke just kinda sputters out the pipe and not very much at all. I don't have my mass air flow or gp module plugged in. Any ideas?

pretty sure you need MAF , or to be tuned around it.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Yea, if its not plugged in it needs to be tuned out. Mpd says they have no issues with drivability with the maf tuned out. Other have had issues until they had tuning done properly with the maf plugged in

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Awesome guys. That's it for sure. Just plugged it in and it ran like complete crap. Gonna put weld the plate on tomorrow and pop the maf in and go for a spin.

Reaction score
Hmm. We couldn't get it to work may have been something with the truck. Switched it to minimax and it worked. That was even custom tuned sct. Something was probably wrong but the h&s evidently turned whatever was wrong off. Sct parameters are finicky if you ask me.

Reaction score
Your telling me. Some work with the single tuning some don't. It may have been the PCM number or job build. But we've had way more success using h&s for the single trucks. It's funny when you change tuner devices and codes go away lol.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Your telling me. Some work with the single tuning some don't. It may have been the PCM number or job build. But we've had way more success using h&s for the single trucks. It's funny when you change tuner devices and codes go away lol.

or when you have a guy like bentley so active in making the updates for all these combos.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.