My build

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Yesterday the cab went up and engine was disaccembled and cleaned up.:rockon: We found several parts when taking the truck apart that were bad and need to be replaced. Serveral lifters were tight, main belt pulley tensioner was coming apart, bearings in one of the belt rollers were shot, and headgaskets were blown sky high.LOL I will post up pics for anyone intrested in seeing what blown head gaskets look like as well. Every cylinder on the drivers side gasket was blown and two on the passenger side of the engine as well.:flush:

The bolt heater for the cab bolts is my new best friend with this build.:pimp: Also it was way eaisier to just weld in the two front retainers for the front cab bolts that are common to spin when taking out the two bolts near the front bumper for the cab. You can easily get a wire feed welder in there and just put a good bead on the nut so it doesnt go anywhere.

One thing that was really cool is there was a rep from one of the larger companys in the industry that was there watching us and he now has a list of many things that they are going to try and make for the 6.4L now after seeing how everything works with these motors. Nice to have someone there to see things first hand and get ideas of how they can be made better or stronger.

So today, starting in about a half hour, the motor gos back together and we proceed on. Things are looking really good and all the bad parts we found yesterday will be getting new ones to take their place including all the rockers.

Pics and videos to come.

Last edited:

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Sweet build man! I just got done doing mine last week and I think the best thing about doing it yourself, just like you are, is the learning expirence! Cant wait to see your numbers once she's all back together.

B585Ford

Reaction score
This has been a long time coming so you gotta be pumped she's almost done.
Since the rockers were bad, how many miles did you have before the DPF was deleted? How many total miles?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
OEM rockers are going back on this truck for now. It may not be the best thing but it will work.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Are there any other options.....at least until Empire releases theirs?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Today we got a lot of the work taken care of. The nozzles got swapped, heads got put on, headstuds installed, new oil cooler is in, new hpfp in valley, injectors went in, manifolds put on, pushrods, rockers, rocker boxes installed, put all sensors and prices on new intake manifold, got the air dog upgrade put together, second k16 is reversed and pulley put on, pulley tensioners were replaced

Tommarow we get back at it and we are getting closer to cab down.

This was the first time I ever did nozzles and I have to admit that I was freakin out a little at first, but they really are easy to do once you see what to do. I did all 8 in about and hour or so. I did not rush what so ever with them.

Big thanks to Elite for getting me all my parts in a timely manner. I REALLY appreciate it.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Today we got a lot of the work taken care of. The nozzles got swapped, heads got put on, headstuds installed, new oil cooler is in, new hpfp in valley, injectors went in, manifolds put on, pushrods, rockers, rocker boxes installed, put all sensors and prices on new intake manifold, got the air dog upgrade put together, second k16 is reversed and pulley put on, pulley tensioners were replaced

Tommarow we get back at it and we are getting closer to cab down.

This was the first time I ever did nozzles and I have to admit that I was freakin out a little at first, but they really are easy to do once you see what to do. I did all 8 in about and hour or so. I did not rush what so ever with them.

Big thanks to Elite for getting me all my parts in a timely manner. I REALLY appreciate it.

This is a great build. Seems like things are coming along nicely. But its hard to tell with out PICTURES!!!!!!!!!

one2nine

Reaction score
Hopefully you are doing pics with the build! In the spring I'll be tearing into mine as well. I can't wait.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.