my new 6.7

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Hey ya'll. Just wanted to share a pic of my first brand new F250. Im loving it so far, although I only have 150 miles on it. Not too happy with the fuel mileage though, I was hoping to get a little more out of it in stock form. Im not really wanting to mod it at all, considering i bought the best warranty. Not to mention Im still shell shocked over my sixoh. Anyways, heres the pic.

Attachments

• pennypowerstroke.jpg
    pennypowerstroke.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 269

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Im going to do a little reading to see if theres a tuner out there that will help with mileage without ******** ***, but if ya'll want to chime in, i wont stop ya!

TexAg56

Reaction score
Beautiful truck man. I havent reset my mpg since the day i drove off the lot and im right at 16mpg. Thats a mix of town and hwy miles. Not too bad for a 3/4 ton stock truck. What kind of miles are you getting? Be sure to reset your mpg because right off the lot they will show you getting horrible mpg from people test driving and also from the truck being started and not being driven anywhere.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Here is a pic of mine. The dealership took it for me. They deliver to your doorstep.
dbb9485df1c83929e78aaefb61a51960.jpg

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

Notneb

Reaction score
Like it's already been mentioned numerous times, until these trucks get broken in and the trans learns your driving habits, the mileage is gonna suck, like 14-15mpg area. Even if you drive like an old lady, as long as the emissions stays on the truck, you're never gonna see much better than 17 combined. Hell 17 is great for an 8k+ truck imo...

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Break it in hard! Drive it like it's supposed to be driven and hook onto a heavy trailer right from the 1000 mile mark to seat everything properly. I've always done that with my diesels and my 14 F350 on 36's will get me just over 19mpg on road trips with a full 75 gallon slip tank, toolbox and dirt bike in the back on road trips...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Break it in hard! Drive it like it's supposed to be driven and hook onto a heavy trailer right from the 1000 mile mark to seat everything properly. I've always done that with my diesels and my 14 F350 on 36's will get me just over 19mpg on road trips with a full 75 gallon slip tank, toolbox and dirt bike in the back on road trips...

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Ive been driving like a grandpa so far, to see what the MPG could rise to. So far Im only at 10.5. I was expecting at least 13-14 in town, I could live with that. I really do not want to ****** EGR/***. Having to smog these trucks, I don't want to deal with installing the factory exhaust everytime I have to smog. I just a little more economy out this truck. Does everybody agree with driving the piss out of these trucks to break em in hard?

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Ive been driving like a grandpa so far, to see what the MPG could rise to. So far Im only at 10.5. I was expecting at least 13-14 in town, I could live with that. I really do not want to ****** EGR/***. Having to smog these trucks, I don't want to deal with installing the factory exhaust everytime I have to smog. I just a little more economy out this truck. Does everybody agree with driving the piss out of these trucks to break em in hard?

Not sure on year but there is equipment on tuning you can do I believe. I would drive it how you need to feeling slow go slow wanna get froggy with someone do it.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
I knew there was tuning options for non****** trucks, I just heard they weren't very effective. Im still trying to find some solid answers though. Just want to get a little bump in mileage if I can.

Thank you for all the kind words about the new ride. Im really enjoying it. Def the nicest vehicle I have ever owned.

Notneb

Reaction score
I was towing with mine as soon as I got it home *bought it in AZ and drove it home to WA*, put 2000 miles on it before del3ting it. Mileage was always the last thing on my mind, but for the first 1k miles, you will get utter crap for mileage, I got 14mpg highway all the way home lol.

TexAg56

Reaction score

Although we can never expect to get great mileage from a 3/4 ton truck, you should def be getting over 10.5! Try resetting it and seeing where it goes from there. Also make some hand calculations your next fill up! Cant always trust the guage

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Im not one to complain about fuel mileage, I just feel like I should be getting better than 10.5. I'll give it a few tanks of fuel, and see where it lands with hand calculations. Im also entertaining the idea of a tuner that will support ***/EGR.

Latest posts

Members online