my new tow rig

pontiacross

Reaction score
I got a little bit acomplished this weekend but still have a long way to go the driver door now opens and I fixed the loose arm rest on the front seat,
I also swapped the ipr with a spare yesterday and it is running better but still not right, the rpms surge up and down at idle but it runs smooth if you rev it up just a little bit. I drove it around a little and the steering is way loose.....
so I ordered a new drag link and ball joints today to take care of that.
I also ordered a set of exhaust manifold gaskets and new door locks.

the good news is so far the transmission seems fine no codes and it shifted smooth, but I haven't had it under a load yet so it still may have issues.

1995stroker

Reaction score
Nice find. That truck would look great in the hunter green that was offered in those years. Or maybe it was forest green? with a white center section too.

TRUBBS

Reaction score
do you remember the details of what happened? other then black ice and rolled over? seams like it did more then roll over? maybe hit a huge rock/tree/bridge edge or something while going over?

glad to see you are still alive, thats a picture to frame on the wall..

B.Warning

Reaction score
Where did you get it from? I thought it might of looked familiar.

On another note...I'll be down your way Saturday for the Paris equipment sale. You gonna be there?

pontiacross

Reaction score
I was going to go but had something come up so I wont be around. I got the truck about 15mi this side of jacksonville. I think it has been in that area its whole life

bad12jr

Reaction score
Dang man glad your ok. Mine surges slightly at idle. Not sure what the cause is. I have different injectors, new hpop and ipr, different ipr and have good oil pressure. I think it's my idm. I didn't notice it till I put tunes in. It doesn't really seem to do it on stock.

pontiacross

Reaction score
well I finaly got reliesed by my doctor last monday so I am makeing some progress. I finished up rebuilding the front end today. new ball joints, axel u-joints, both drag link ends, and repacked the wheel bearings. I also sold the wheels and tires off of it and threw some extra wheels and tires on it for now. I put about 20 miles on it so far and the transmission seems to be shifting fine, so I may luck out on that. the truck also seems to be running better the more I drive it. I replaced the ipr a couple weeeks ago and didn't think that helped it but I am wandering now if i just needed to get all the air worked out after replaceing it.

I also think I have a line on a dually bed and rear axel for it :evil

pontiacross

Reaction score
the front seat was red and the base was broke down, so I pulled it out and pulled the grey seat out of my wreckef truck witch has a broken back and made them one. and I'm going to put a seat cover on it and put it in the back. I took the good brown back seat out of the truck and put it up front.

seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

mandkole

Reaction score
that look has it goin on.... good to hear you're getting back on your feet, but my wife is 2 yrs later and still dealing with pain from a t bone.

Latest posts

Members online