My personal compound build

Reaction score
like 4pm i think. not to ruin your thread but i got my truck back last night from you know who, made it like 51 miles before back to the same problem lol :gun:

yeah i was picking the stuff up, and lmao no comment other than give us a call I'm sure we can help u out man 860-250-6082

Find someone else to work on that thing.

my thoughts exactly :poke:

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
couple of questions. why weld the cam gear? and where did you get that oil filter housing or did you just cut off the fuel bowl and make it look all snazzy and what not?

ford rules

Reaction score
You can cut the bowl off and clean it up real nice and you cant tell it used to be there, thats what i did. Or buy a 6.4 oil filter housing bowl.

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
I like the relocation kit, but that's just a little bit out of budget for now. Happen to know the cost of the 6.4 oil filter housing?

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
Sweet, I'll do that instead of hackin the 6.0 one apart. Also noticed his valve covers, is that just to have the port for his dual hpop system?

ford rules

Reaction score
Dual pumps or a HPODS or a combination of both. It's just a pass side valve cover on the driver side is all.

What are you going to do for a CCV?

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
Any one mind explaining that to me a little? Has never looked into dual set ups or hpods. Just wondering why two pumps would be needed, why not just a thumper 2? Or does the first pump kinda feed the second, or what?

ford rules

Reaction score
Dual pumps are really just for large conventional injectors to keep HPO up where it needs to be.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Any one mind explaining that to me a little? Has never looked into dual set ups or hpods. Just wondering why two pumps would be needed, why not just a thumper 2? Or does the first pump kinda feed the second, or what?

Im sure someone else will be able to explain this further, and im sure tyler will chim in, the delivery system is suppose to help maximize the stock pumps ability to flow oil. From what I understand the factory delivery system is restrictive, and does not allow the pump to work to its potential. That's where the delivery system comes in. A dual pump set up is to allow for more oil to be flowed to larger injectors. If you look through this build, tyler is doing a dual pump set up, with the HPOD system, and a thumper 1 pump. He is planning for overkill! Only until recently there was not much option available for the 05-07 style pumps as far as upgrades. I just installed the thumper 2 into my truck on a stock delivery system. This truck will definitely not have a shortage of oil!

Reaction score
Ok. I thought he was doing hybrids?

you are correct i am 305/150% RCD hybrids

Im sure someone else will be able to explain this further, and im sure tyler will chim in, the delivery system is suppose to help maximize the stock pumps ability to flow oil. From what I understand the factory delivery system is restrictive, and does not allow the pump to work to its potential. That's where the delivery system comes in. A dual pump set up is to allow for more oil to be flowed to larger injectors. If you look through this build, tyler is doing a dual pump set up, with the HPOD system, and a thumper 1 pump. He is planning for overkill! Only until recently there was not much option available for the 05-07 style pumps as far as upgrades. I just installed the thumper 2 into my truck on a stock delivery system. This truck will definitely not have a shortage of oil!

mark has it 100% correct, the pump set up will be elite, but will use some parts of the HPODS kit, not all the parts tho, there is way more than 1 way to plumb the set up and still make it work properly but like mark said it i don't want to over do it with oil, so figured i would start with the stage 1 in the rear and a stock aluminum pump out front, later on could got to the diesel site or no limit pump out front and a stage 2 RCD in the rear

Members online

No members online now.