My Rolled and Rebuilt 6.4

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking. Im looking at a few 4-link kits to help that as well as add some performance. I already have pmfs 3-link but I haven't got the time to adjust it. I think the 4-link would be more sufficient but maybe I'm just crazy.

If you already have the 3 link I personally prefer those to the 4 link, unless you spend more time off road or rock crawling I'd stay with the 3 link. The only thing your going to gain is some added flex and articulation, but it will be at the loss of some stability. I think the three link feels more stable and planted than the 4 link design, I would just adjust it as needed. We have one on our shop truck and it is on a 3.5" and 37's. If you want I'll take some measurements and you can copy them to make the adjustments on yours. We should have it back tomorrow from getting the front bumper built so I can look at it then.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
mine clears the bumper.. would a drop bracket or 4 link help me clear my fender some? if not I'm taking a sawzall to my inner fender

Sent while charging my POS iPhone 5 battery

What size lift was the 4 link made for and is it adjustable? The thing is the higher you go the closer the axle gets pulled towards the back of the fender. If your lifted or lowered beyond what the kit was made for then it will cause rubbing issues. If yours is adjustable I'd add some length to the bars to space the axle further forward. Just make sure you have enough rod end still in the tube that its safe and wont become a flex prone area that will get stressed. If its not adjustable I'm sure you can get a new bracket from someone like Trevor just to name one that would help out.

nickg3130

Reaction score
If you already have the 3 link I personally prefer those to the 4 link, unless you spend more time off road or rock crawling I'd stay with the 3 link. The only thing your going to gain is some added flex and articulation, but it will be at the loss of some stability. I think the three link feels more stable and planted than the 4 link design, I would just adjust it as needed. We have one on our shop truck and it is on a 3.5" and 37's. If you want I'll take some measurements and you can copy them to make the adjustments on yours. We should have it back tomorrow from getting the front bumper built so I can look at it then.

Some measurements would be great. Let me know what you come up with. Also, did you guys need sway bar drop brackets for the front? My 2.5" doesn't have them but idk if a 3.5" would.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Some measurements would be great. Let me know what you come up with. Also, did you guys need sway bar drop brackets for the front? My 2.5" doesn't have them but idk if a 3.5" would.

Will do, and we did extended swaybar end links on ours. We're just debuting it with the 3.5 kit but then we'll change it up and do a one off 9" coil over kit and taller meats.

NotStock

Reaction score
You can do a 2.5" without a sway bar drop but when you reach 3.5" you should have one. Also, we have different bushing options for the 3-link that are interchangeable. The ones that come in them typically will offer the best ride comfort and street/highway manners. The optional ones are solid and offer no flex which is great for sled pulling/sand scenarios but come at the expense of less road comfort. They are pretty easy to swap out, just drop the lower arm and press old out and in with the new. Just depends on how much time your truck sees pulling as to which would be better for you.

nickg3130

Reaction score
You can do a 2.5" without a sway bar drop but when you reach 3.5" you should have one. Also, we have different bushing options for the 3-link that are interchangeable. The ones that come in them typically will offer the best ride comfort and street/highway manners. The optional ones are solid and offer no flex which is great for sled pulling/sand scenarios but come at the expense of less road comfort. They are pretty easy to swap out, just drop the lower arm and press old out and in with the new. Just depends on how much time your truck sees pulling as to which would be better for you.

Just sent you an email Trevor.

nickg3130

Reaction score
Well finally got the icon/pmf 3.5" on. Should have some better pics soon but here are a few.
ju5aqe8u.jpg

ygyhahez.jpg

nickg3130

Reaction score
Got bored and played with my buddies new galaxy s4 and took some pics of the truck. the paints filthy but it give you a little idea of the height of the truck. And my crooked light bar :doh:
null_zpsce4d7d17.jpg

null_zps37e118c5.jpg

null_zpsda476af7.jpg

nickg3130

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Have a few more odds and ends to do before nationals this weekend. Then I'm looking at doing a set of retro-fitted projector headlights. We'll see tho.

Latest posts

Members online