Need a new computer for truck

under pressure

Reaction score
Call a tuner, it will probably matter what pcm code you get, then have to get you chip burned over to match ?
If theres no chip, i dont see why any pcm with the same drive train wouldnt work. (i could be wrong though)

Last edited:

woodduck97

Reaction score
Call a tuner, it will probably matter what pcm code you get, then have to get you chip burned over to match ?

My buddy is selling the truck and he is trying to go the cheapest route to get it back going. Just trying to see if any will work. Wont be using a chip unless owner wants to cause that is what fried the computer.

We know a 2000 works good in it.

Last edited:

co04cobra

Reaction score
Whats the diff. 01,02,03 pcms. All the trucks are identical ?

In 02 is when they switched to digital odometers. Pretty much EVERYTHING wiring is different on 02 up trucks. It 'looks' the same, but very little will interchange. Even the engine harness will interchange, BUT if you use a 99-01 harness or vice versa on the wrong year it wont charge.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
What he said above...

99-2001, same auto or manual, they will all work the same.

2002-2003, same deal...

On a E99 a 2000 PCM is a slick set up and gets the cruise light working on the dash!

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Exactly. When I swapped to an auto I originally used harness and PCM from the donor truck 01).
She wasn't happy let's say. Everything plugged up fine but nothing worked properly

woodduck97

Reaction score
Well I can say the 00 computer also added 2 more pounds of boost with out a chip LOL Truck ran smoother too. Let me know Cobra04 my buddy is ready to buy.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Looks like all mine are for manual trucks. And 2 or 3 auto pcms for 02 trucks. :duh:

Looks like moonshiner can get you fixed up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.