Need advice on newly purchased 6.4L

Smokin&Strokin

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and I have just recently purchased a 2010 F250 6.4 XLT, extended cab with 35,xxx miles on it. The truck came with a Banks Ram-Air CAI and a Bully dog GT tuner installed. I'm currently looking into purchasing either a H&S minimaxx, SCT, or Spartan but I could use some advice. I plan on doing an EGR delete and DPF delete and I also plan on purchasing a 5" dp back exhaust. Any tips, advice, or ideas other parts I should be looking into is greatly appreciated!

johnp115

Reaction score
H&S mini max with Gearhead custom tunes.
Slap a no limit intake on it instead of the banks.
While your at it reroute the CCv (quick easy fix)
Do the deletes you mentioned.

Do those first and there are always more upgrades you can do to up the reliability but defintely a nice thing It has low miles like that! Good buy forsure.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I put mine into the ex so I couldn't see or smell the fumes around the truck although most just run a hose under the truck and let it be. Just preference.

johnp115

Reaction score
I'm looking into the best way to go about the ccv reroute and thanks for the advice!

In my opinion the best way to run the CCv is right down to the frame. Being able to see the fumes is beneficial. You'll catch it much quicker if it starts to puff or drip oil. In the exhaust it's not nearly as visible.

Smokin&Strokin

Reaction score
I think I'm going to run the ccv right down to the frame for right now at least. Also a buddy has been telling me to look into a SCT x4 tuner. I see on the no limit fab website that there's the option of either gearhead or innovative tunes with the tuner. I've heard good things about both, which does everyone recommend? And do they both allow egr and dpf deletes?

Black AOD

Reaction score
Either work great, and both run emissions delete tunes yes. I run gearhead personally. A lot of people do as well but a lot of people run IDP (innovative) tunes as well. Cant go wrong either way.

Smokin&Strokin

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice guys. I think I'm going to go ahead and buy the SCT x4 with gearhead tunes from no limit fab. Should I go ahead and buy the no limit intake or will my banks intake work for now until I delete and put a new exhaust on?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice guys. I think I'm going to go ahead and buy the SCT x4 with gearhead tunes from no limit fab. Should I go ahead and buy the no limit intake or will my banks intake work for now until I delete and put a new exhaust on?

If you can I would get the intake and CCV reroute from (Mike) at no limit when you get the tuner one time so you don't have to worry later. Also you can use your BD GT as a mointor.

Latest posts

Members online