Need help ASAP swapping out 76mm

Badland

Reaction score
I have everything apart on my truck and being prying on the stock turbo for awhile now and it's moved about a 1/4 inch

Anyone have any advice on prying this damn thing off???? :wtf:

I have 3 pry bars and no luck maybe I'm missing something but idk

Badland

Reaction score
They are still on the truck yes I'm putting in a 76 atmos
Do I need to unbolt anything from the other turbo

ncollins64

Reaction score
I took my cooler and all that crap off before hand. Your not pulling the vgt correct? Also Is there bolts securing the two turbos together in the middle? It took me a while but after it came out I didn't see why it was so hard. Went together much easier

ncollins64

Reaction score
Like he said, I unbolted the hold down clamps also. I pried onto the top of the intake mani just enough to clear the oil drain and had my brother prying between the two. Think the hold down clamps hold the whole assembly down. Maybe someone will verify

Badland

Reaction score
I took my cooler and all that crap off before hand. Your not pulling the vgt correct? Also Is there bolts securing the two turbos together in the middle? It took me a while but after it came out I didn't see why it was so hard. Went together much easier

Nope just then atmo and I pulled the 2 10mm bolts also between the turbos

So I need to pull the cooler off the vgt also?

Csilva187

Reaction score
It was easier for me too unbolt uppipes of course lay over fuel cooler and Vgt stuff. Pop u pipe off. Dp and hold down clamps. Umm popped turbos up, pryed apart. A small wedge I used once on another truck worked a few spots etc till they separated.

ncollins64

Reaction score
You don't have to, I was just making room for some other things. If you have the downpipe loose, hold down clamps, two bolts in the middle, it should pop out. Also the atmo housing is about an inch maybe inside the vgt housing.

Badland

Reaction score
You don't have to, I was just making room for some other things. If you have the downpipe loose, hold down clamps, two bolts in the middle, it should pop out. Also the atmo housing is about an inch maybe inside the vgt housing.

Down pipe is loose and the little tab between the clamp on the down pipe is lifted up also

Ok back to prying on and see what happens

ncollins64

Reaction score
Honestly i don't think it would hurt or help. Can you see the atmo where it slides inside the vgt housing? If its loose it will come out. I think its inside probably 3/4 to 1 inch

Badland

Reaction score
Honestly i don't think it would hurt or help. Can you see the atmo where it slides inside the vgt housing? If its loose it will come out. I think its inside probably 3/4 to 1 inch

I have about a 1/4 gap between the turbos

But on the air side going to the ss pipe on the right (I don't know what it's called I don't really have a gap

Badland

Reaction score
Here is a pic of what I have going on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 121

ncollins64

Reaction score
Right where you have 1/4 gap, you probably have close to 1/4 to 1/2 left to get out. Your doing it right. When I did it, I wasn't being gentle if you know what I mean. Me and my brother both were prying pretty damn hard. Once I had the bottom oil drain out I had him prying between the two. Now that oil drain is probably about an inch down in the block also.

Badland

Reaction score
So I need to just put out between the two and start getting western with it?

I just didn't wanna damage something and not get core credit

Is the oil drain affecting where I'm at or will they still pull apart and then just lift it off the drain?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.