Need help ASAP!!!!!!!

militant83

Reaction score
I recently replaced my CAI with an after market CAI and a stock CAC and I had no Issues. I replaced my CAC and Intake Manifold Elbow and now i'm having issues. The parts should have only made better airflow not the issues i'm having so it leads me to believe I'm having a sensor issues.

I'm building way too much boost and getting an can hear air being pushed back through the intake from the turbo.

Before I would really have to get into it to even make 15-20psi of boost... now on a level road is making 15-20psi boost at 30 mph and feels like its bogged down when I hit the accelerator.

When I let off the accelerator no matter how fast I'm going I can hear the air being forced back through the intake. It didn't do this yesterday but after having my intake apart and back together today it has started. If I ease off the accelerator the sound goes away but the boost stays the same

I pulled the MAF Sensor and cleaned it and that did not help. I checked my MAP and Barometric pressures with key on but not running and my Map was 14psi and Barometric was 14.4.

I have not checked the EBP sensor yet. I was wanting to try to rule the easy stuff out first before having to dig in to that.

Maybe I knocked a sensor loose while pulling the cac out or putting the new one in that might be causing this issue?

The wiring to my MAF sensor is pretty short and when I go to plug it in to the CAI, the wiring becomes pretty tight. Is it possible a wire has started to come out and the MAF is not working properly and causing problems. The truck is not throwing any trouble codes either.:popcorn:

Anyone have any suggestions?

ghohouston

Reaction score
I'd monitor ebp and vgt duty cycle and report back. You could have disturbed the ebp sensor or possibly damaged the vgt solenoid harness? Could be the vgt solenoid happened to go bad at that moment... several other posibillities. You need to monitor ebp and vgt duty cycle for a starting point.

Irontx

Reaction score
I know it sounds stupid..... but is your map hose intact ??? I broke mine once and didn't notice it.... where it hooks up to the intake....

militant83

Reaction score
I'd monitor ebp and vgt duty cycle and report back. You could have disturbed the ebp sensor or possibly damaged the vgt solenoid harness? Could be the vgt solenoid happened to go bad at that moment... several other posibillities. You need to monitor ebp and vgt duty cycle for a starting point.

Is that something my CTS will monitor? Does it need to be monitored while driving or with key on or just running?

I've seen the VGT PID on my CTS but I'm not sure that I've seen an EBP PID

Not sure if it makes a difference but my MAF PID just happened to be on my CTS this morning and it was reading around 22-24 while at idle.

Not sure if this is the right thought process or not but according to my diesel shop my MAP reading was where it needed to be. If the MAP hose was cracked wouldn't that reading be off? Assuming the parts are related.

Some might ask why isn't my truck at the shop getting the issue figured out..one is money and the other is my shop is pretty far from my house so the truck would have to be towed.

Last edited:

militant83

Reaction score
Is it possible that I disconnected or damaged the VGT pigtail while messing with the intake? Maybe the VGT solenoid is working properly and not letting the vanes work properly?

sootie

Reaction score
what is max boost?

sounds to me you are just getting used to the sound of an open intake and the quick boost is better spooling because it is not restricted

militant83

Reaction score
So I unplug the VGT Pigtail and the problem goes away and the truck doesn't feel bogged down anymore. Although with it unplugged I cant monitor the boost. But the truck drove like it did before it started having the problems with it unplugged.

militant83

Reaction score
Alright guys, I replaced the VGT Pigtail and here are my results. No more turbo bark or air flowing back through the intake. Boost is reading 5-10psi during normal driving 15psi or so during high Rpm range. Once the transmission shifts into the next gear the boost drops back down to 5-10 psi.

Does this sound like the problem is solved and everything is operating correctly?

04cr450

Reaction score
sounds like a winner to me good fix.. only thing I see is boost should be closer to 30 psi on high rpm(by high rpm u mean wot etc?)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online