Need help deciding on wheels

mfoltz

Reaction score
I'm stuck between American force independence or bmf novakanes. I want them 22x10 or 22x11. Is the difference between10 and 11 just a little bit deeper rim? I had 22x12 and I didn't like how deep they were. I'll probably be trading this truck in on a new body style within the next year and I'll be getting white. I'm a little worry I won't like black rims on my current black truck. Also would you go with 33s or 35s. I like the fact 33s are cheaper and give me more room but i don't want that all rim and hardly no tire look. Nitto trail grapplers is what I have always got but I thought about trying the toyo open country.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Novacanes are 22x10.5 and the way the spokes curve in they have the lip of basically a 12" wheel. I personally like them that way.
A 22x11 AF wheel sits on the truck like a normal 10" wheel due to the offset. That's a plus too...you get an 11" wheel but they don't stick out a mile like a 12" wheel does.
I personally don't like a matte black wheel like most AF's are.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Just go with polished, they will look good on any color. Can always powder coat them down the road if you want to change them to black. For the size it depends on how much of an aggressive look you want with the wheels sticking out from the wheel well. Im pretty sure that a 20x10 will actually stick out more than a 22x11 due to the offset. For tires a 33 is to small on a 22 IMO.

mfoltz

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. If I went with American force I would go chrome. Thays what I'm leaning toward is the American force independence 22x11 with either trail grapplers or toyo open country. Chrome goes great with black and if I trade it in it looks good with white to.

Swampfox

Reaction score
Here is an idea of how the 22x11 American Force looks with 35's and 2.5" leveling kit.

93A01312-4254-4EFC-88E7-85D5EF55DABC_zpsveeb8bxz.jpg

13D245EB-98B8-4828-BEAC-2DE5FC3047AC_zpss1ukhyph.jpg

mfoltz

Reaction score
That looks awesome. I'm going to go with the American force. Now I have to decide which design to go with. I'm leaning toward the independence. Where the best place to uy these wheels?

jwalk09

Reaction score
Sota off-road /bmf actually just started offering wheels in 11"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwalk09

Reaction score
I'm wrong . They now offer 22x12 not 11"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atthelake27

Reaction score
22x10 will have a bigger lip than a 22x11 because the offset is different on them. Check with The Diesel Cartel, they gave me the best price.

04cr450

Reaction score
If you want an aggressive look go 22x12's... they don't stick out a mile on the new trucks. I thought they were going to stick out far and on mine it sticks out a couple of inches (one tread pattern on the tire). There are pics of my truck on here

mfoltz

Reaction score
I had 22x12 fuel hostage and I wasn't a fan how far the stuck out. I don't know what offset they were though. As far as American force. What sets them apart from everyone else? I'm about to pull the trigger but that is alot of money. Also what do you guys prefer between nitto trail grapplers and toyo open country? I always went with nittos but it seems like alot of guys are going with toyo open country now

sootie

Reaction score
Toyos will last way longer than nitto and is a superior tire imo. American forces are not your average cheap aftermarket rim. They are a forged rim not cast which is much stronger. Bear in mind they will need upkeep and polishing to keep the mirror finish. I would at the very least hit them with the shine seal kit prior to install. If you have the luxury I would clear powder coat them.

mfoltz

Reaction score
Thanks sootie. I think I'm going to give toyo a try this time. Everyone seems to like them more than the nitto. Thanks for the tips on the wheels. I'll definitely do what you said. Now I need to decide if I'm going to wait till spring to get them or order them now and just look at them everyday until spring lol

mfoltz

Reaction score
If you want an aggressive look go 22x12's... they don't stick out a mile on the new trucks. I thought they were going to stick out far and on mine it sticks out a couple of inches (one tread pattern on the tire). There are pics of my truck on here
Truck looks good. Where did you order your wheels from?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Nitto has a new tire called the ridge grappler that I have though about trying. Love my toyo RT's I have on my (stock) winter wheels though

04cr450

Reaction score
Truck looks good. Where did you order your wheels from?

Thanks man. I got them from kevin at rescue diesel. I don't believe they make these wheels yet in my finish. They were a proto type they got from Aaron at Rudy's. They may make them now not sure though.. I know they make them in polished.
The fuels will stick out further than the AF's.

Latest posts

Members online