Need help PLEASE!!! 2012 F250

meuth0001

Reaction score
Ok guys I'm kinda stumped on what to do next. The truck 2012 F250 was involved in accident drivers side front. Damage wasn't terrible but it did set off front bags. I have the truck completely fixed... But I'm getting a Christmas tree of codes on the dash. Parking brake light, traction control light, abs light, service advanced Trac message, also it won't engage into 4wd. The truck start and runs and drives great. When plugged in to the modis (scan tool) it give me a code u0121. Curious which way to go know??? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Is the ABS fuse good?

Are the connectors into the ABS module clean and good?

Is the wiring to the wheel on the damaged corner good?

Have you tried disconnecting the batteries for 10 minutes to force a computer restart?

Is it tuned?

Nj67

Reaction score
Im assuming your insurance covered it so based on that assumption....id call my ins co and explain what was going on. If i got the run around...my next call would be to a lawyer.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Rcm will cause all of this. Was it replaced? Any time air bags go off it needs to be replaced.

meuth0001

Reaction score
RCM was re programmed and reinstalled. The air bag light was on before and after the new bags, rcm, seat belts, and from impact sensor the air bag light went out

meuth0001

Reaction score
Abs fuse was good. I haven't checked the module connections. Where's the abs module located??

It's not tuned at this time

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Abs module would be on the lh frame rail in the wheel well area. About right under the master cylinder.

meuth0001

Reaction score
Thanks very much guys. Looks like I have my work cut out for me now

meuth0001

Reaction score
Guys I found a smashed brake line on the block above abs module. It was mashed flat. The line said it was right rear anti lock Brake. I'm hoping this will fix some of it. I also found a wire that was half broke but not all the way.

Reaction score
Guys I found a smashed brake line on the block above abs module. It was mashed flat. The line said it was right rear anti lock Brake. I'm hoping this will fix some of it. I also found a wire that was half broke but not all the way.

:rockon:

meuth0001

Reaction score
The endless work you don't expect on a crash job! I'm thinking this will be my

meuth0001

Reaction score
Fixed the brake line and it didn't change any of my symptoms! I have. New abs control module coming hoping that will do it

meuth0001

Reaction score
Fixed the wire too. Is there a such thing on these trucks that the dealer maybe has to reset some computer settings after a wreck?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
It may be pssible that the body shop didnt get the rcm programmed or something like that, at least not properly if the airbag light is off. I do believe that there is certain ivd i itializations that need to be done in order for everything to work properly. At least that with the other stuff, i havent had to do one on a super duty yet, but im sure we run the same things through the rcm that we do n other vehicles. It may be worth it to take it in and have it diagnosed before you start spending a bunch of money on stuff you may or may not need. The brake line and repairing the wire were obvious, but abs modules aint cheap.

meuth0001

Reaction score
I decided this afternoon when thumbing through the same wires again that the truck is going to the local ford dealer. Even though i don't want a big bill It is out of my control now. I will for sure let you guys know what I hear!

Latest posts

Members online