Need help please!

bgrimm2

Reaction score
Few weeks ago truck had "cold start" problems after checkking some stuff figured to be injectors. Sent injectors to MPD who said when tested detected cold start problems! Awesome had them rebuilt and sent back got them all installed truck runs great for first day or two then boom same cold start issue. Now throwing codes for glow plug module and a few egr codes. Truck currently has egr delete and has had for nearly 10k miles. Now question could glow plug module effect start even though it's 60-70° out? Gonna try to test it alon with ficm and see what I come up with any help would b appreciated

Gary

Reaction score
said when tested detected cold start problems! Awesome had them rebuilt and sent back got them

The EGR code is because you deleted it and doesn't have anything to do with your problem. For the glow plug code make sure the connectors are seated and the cable has a good connection on the right battery. Then clear the code and see if it come back.

I'd like to know how they tested them, it take some expensive equipment to bench test these injectors.
There is a tester that you can use to check spool delay values, it's call a Hickok G2. (you tube it). Since almost all the problem with the 6.0 injector is in the spool valve area that is how I check 6.0 injectors, it just takes a couple minutes of run time to know what shape their in.
I ran this tester on a truck for somebody that used "aftermarket rebuilt injectors", 7 out of 8 failed, his original injectors were better than the "rebuilts". The truck ran worse with the "new" injectors" and was really hard to start cold. I call the company that did them, all I got was BS and lots of it. Long story short, replace those rebuilts with Motorcraft and the truck runs perfect.
Motorcraft injectors are 100% everytime, I've ran them with the G2 tester, as far as I'm concerned everything else is junk!

Latest posts

Members online