Need some answers oil cooler? Cracked head?

lowKuntryMilitia

Reaction score
Hey yall, got a 05 6.0 with some recent issues just replaced ficm and 2 bad injectors, I'm currently losing coolant somewhere and seem to build pressure pretty quick I took off egr valve and its soaking wet....a couple months ago degas bottle was turning a dark color inside and was told oil was getting in it...I have replaced degas bottle and so far have not noticed any oil......just need some insight on what this could be....at idle I get white smoke and when in drive it pours a greyish smoke

2012 had heads machined new gaskets and studded

Has egr cooler delete as well

011e05d21db6e972bb3a03f90748e173.jpg
94f4a00db424f65458dba2c3c892b2c3.jpg
35699909d5cdf05d1c534c11e8d2c3e8.jpg
https://vimeo.com/111994280

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
Usually when the degas bottle turns black the egr cooler is leaking. At least from my experience.

But if that's already deleted them id just pressurize the cooling system to find the leak

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
if your oil cooler was leaking you would have oil on top of the coolant in the degas bottle. and if its bad you will have emulsified oil in they system

lowKuntryMilitia

Reaction score
Egr cooler is deleted the egr valve is still there and hooked up....should I use a programmer and delete egr out system ?

swinky

Reaction score
It seems like whatever leak/crack you have isn't hooked into the cylinder in anyway. Cylinder pressure>cooling system pressure and would be putting pressure in the cooling system. Only way to get coolant in the intake manifold is the egr.

lowKuntryMilitia

Reaction score
Ok yall so bought truck about 1 month ago haven't really messed with it as far as maintenance goes because I've been trying to trace this problem....I went to do a oil change yesterday and found my truck has a relocated oil filter inside bumper with a air cooled oil cooler from bulletproof.com so this is prob not from my egr cooler...my degas bottle pressurizes very fast but never spits any coolant out ....truck now has no power in gear

Irontx

Reaction score
Do you have soot in your degas bottle? You said it's been getting "darker"..

Latest posts

Members online