need some help with my deltas ??

stunu13

Reaction score
ok well have been watching my edge insight and its saying my ects and eots are more than 15 degrees off, i took out the egr valve and cleaned it , it didnt look that bad at all what is the solution to fix the problem? will an egr delete kit fix this problem? or is it the oil cooler ? how expensive is the job ?need some help

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
ok well have been watching my edge insight and its saying my ects and eots are more than 15 degrees off, i took out the egr valve and cleaned it , it didnt look that bad at all what is the solution to fix the problem? will an egr delete kit fix this problem? or is it the oil cooler ? how expensive is the job ?need some help

oil cooler is your issue.

do a egr delete while your replacing the cooler. flush and fill the coolant system.

what year is the truck?

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
oil cooler is your issue.

do a egr delete while your replacing the cooler. flush and fill the coolant system.

what year is the truck?

:whs:

The only suggestion that I want to make is to flush it and drive it a few days before the repair. The flush before the repair will send some of the casting material in the block that may get broken up during the flush to your old oil cooler. When you do the repair drain as much coolant out of the system as you can, replace the oil cooler, delete the egr system, add a coolant filtration set up and flush it again after the repair. A fresh coolant reservoir and cap wouldn't hurt either.

colo_dually

Reaction score
That is the tell-tale of your oil cooler requiring rebuild or replacement (depending on the route you want to take.

My advise is to do the job in this order:

Conduct your coolant flush (do this before taking things apart so you can use the dab cooler to catch debris in your coolant system before it flows through your new cooler).
-Re-filling with Silicate-Free ELC (preferred), thoroughly flush with Restore, Restore Plus, and then Distilled water.
-Re-filling with Ford Gold (not the best option), thoroughly flush with VC9, then distilled water.

Solve your EGR cooler (based on your build)
-Upgraded unit from Bullet Proof Diesel
-Blocked unit
-EGR deletion

Rebuild/Replace your Oil Cooler.
Clean out your intake manifold and EGR valve.

After everything is back together refill your coolant.
You may want to consider a coolant filter as well.

Latest posts

Members online