Need some insight possible turbo issue

kurtforkner

Reaction score
I know this will be hard to do without really hearing it but I need some insight.

If I roll on the throttle either from a stop or while driving between 10 and 30 lbs of boost I get a high pitched squeal (similar to a power steering belt or pump going out). Once I am past 30 lbs or if I am WOT from a stop I do not get it. No loss of power no CEL and no codes on the SCT.

Anybody know what could be going on or had this happen to them.

Truck is 08 job 3 with 123 k deleted dpf running sct preformance tune

Thanks in advance

DWhite

Reaction score
If you have a leak I would think you should be able to see some black soot around the cracked area or the back of the firewall.

08Monster

Reaction score
I test drove a 6.4 that I was going to buy that had that problem. They said possible HP turbo?

kurtforkner

Reaction score
I test drove a 6.4 that I was going to buy that had that problem. They said possible HP turbo?<br/>

That is what I am afraid of. I have already been pricing new turbos. I am going to check the up pipes and manifold bolts first though hopefully it will be something like that

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Check the VGT actuator rod that passes through the turbine housing of the HP turbo. I had a turbo that the seal was blown where that rod passed through and it would make a annoying squeal when I got into higher boost. It's easy to see because you'll see soot all in that area between the compressor housing and turbine housing

sootie

Reaction score
pull the intake and check for in-out shaft play on the atmo turbo.

kurtforkner

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone I will be looking into it tomorrow and I will post my findings

Latest posts

Members online