Nervous about egr delete.

iowacornfarmer

Reaction score
So I bought a 5 inch exhaust, sctx4 tuner, and a sinister egr delete kit for our 2012 king ranch. I am nervous about deleting the whole egr system, and wondering if I should leave it alone or just do block off plates. I've never worked on these new diesels. I looked threw tons of threads and now I'm not sure what to do.

johnp115

Reaction score
So I bought a 5 inch exhaust, sctx4 tuner, and a sinister egr delete kit for our 2012 king ranch. I am nervous about deleting the whole egr system, and wondering if I should leave it alone or just do block off plates. I've never worked on these new diesels. I looked threw tons of threads and now I'm not sure what to do.

Are you nervous about voiding warranty? Or neverous about making your truck healthier? Lol

BOHICA256

Reaction score
I was nervous that the bolts would break while doing the deletes. There was only one bolt that was hard to get to IMO. Engine bay looks 10x better and from looking into the intakes and seeing all the crap in them.. I wished I'd have done it sooner.

iowacornfarmer

Reaction score
Worried about breaking bolts, and getting it all back together for any warranty work that may need to get done.

DWhite

Reaction score
I think the only warranty problem you would have is when the turbo takes a crap and in my opinion when it does take a **** put a good reliable aftermarket one on so you won't have any iusses. As far a breaking bolts, it does suck but isn't bad. I would do it and not worry or be nervous.

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
I never plan on bringing mine in for any warranty work. They're gonna find some bs anyways to deny it. Best thing to do for a diesel. Did mine at 278 miles

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
on 60k now and the only thing I had done with warranty is replacing the EGR cooler.... just saying. The bolts will be fine just soak them in some panther piss and easy does it.

Reaction score
So what is the big deal about leaving it in place and installing the block off plates? I am picking up a new truck tomorrow and don't know if I would pull the entire thing off this time.

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
I'm sure you could if you wanted, but that bitch is ugly and heavy. Wouldn't have too many bolts holding it either. Idk if I could cause my block off plate is pretty tall though

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I'm going on my 3rd year of block off plates with the cooler still on the truck and return to stock yearly with no cooler issues. Just went through emissions today matter of fact. That's the only thing keeping me from cleaning up the engine bay with an entire delete kit. I'd be buying Mike's kit to go along with the intake I have from him.

Keith

rob05

Reaction score
No need to be nervous. It's a pretty easy job like the others have said and it's so much nicer to drive and I don't have to worry about any of the emissions stuff crapping out.

78f100

Reaction score
I had one break both bolts off on the manifold. It was not fun drilling them out but it's fairly easy to get to them with a right angle drill. So much cleaner with it gone.

jcain

Reaction score
You shouldn't be playing the mod game and warranty game at the same time. You're asking to be disappointed.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Mine was tuned and deleted when it went in for the reverse delay issue. That was a full pull on the trans and I think they did a full teardown on the trans itself too. Glad it was warrantied. Didn't blink an eye at mods.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
I was nervous too, but then I saw the PROS of doing the delete! Unfortunately for me, I skipped reviews of the delete quality kits out there and purchased a Sinister kit just because it was blue and cool looking :(

I got rid of that CHEAP FOREIGN JUNK and I am speaking with No Limit & Josh to get a real kit ;)

Jomax

Reaction score
Hopefully when deleted. Interior warrenty issues aren't denied.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online