New 15 shop "test truck"

Reaction score
Calculator says 607.....so ummmm, how about that 540 number everyone talks about? LOL

Craig said it dynoed 545..... So how about them?

My 2011 trapped 565 by mph with stock fuel. Dynoed 520....

So, it goes to show how efficient these transmissions are when tuned properly.

Great times Craig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Craig said it dynoed 545..... So how about them?

My 2011 trapped 565 by mph with stock fuel. Dynoed 520....

So, it goes to show how efficient these transmissions are when tuned properly.

Great times Craig!

And as we ALWAYS discuss, dyno numbers are pointless unless there is a baseline number to go off of. I'm a much bigger believer in the calculator than I am any dyno numbers. The ONLY dyno that has ever been truly close for me was David Dunbar's Dynojet 248C. Uncorrected, my 6.4 made 594 on his dyno. A few weeks later the calculator said 592. Craig's dyno numbers and the calculator are 62 HP different. Do you believe the dyno in this case or do you believe what truck showed at the track?

Reaction score
And as we ALWAYS discuss, dyno numbers are pointless unless there is a baseline number to go off of. I'm a much bigger believer in the calculator than I am any dyno numbers. The ONLY dyno that has ever been truly close for me was David Dunbar's Dynojet 248C. Uncorrected, my 6.4 made 594 on his dyno. A few weeks later the calculator said 592. Craig's dyno numbers and the calculator are 62 HP different. Do you believe the dyno in this case or do you believe what truck showed at the track?

Honestly, knowing as many 6.7's as I've dynoed. I've never seen one dyno as much as its track times show. Just saying. You do realize, drivetrain efficiency is a variable that a track time/hp calculator doesn't equate right? A 6.4 or 6.0 seems to be very spot on with the PSA calculator. The 6.7's ALWAYS show more hp by times than they do one the dyno.

I mean, do you believe the guys with a stock "tuned" 2011 that shows 550 hp by mph?

No, me neither.....

Like I stated, it just goes to show the efficiency of these transmissions. Which is truly awesome!

There's been a bunch of 2015's dyno in the 520-540 range with stock turbos. I'll believe the average over a single track time given my history with these things.

Either way. Like I said. Awesome times.

Let's not look into this too hard.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Honestly, knowing as many 6.7's as I've dynoed. I've never seen one dyno as much as its track times show. Just saying. You do realize, drivetrain efficiency is a variable that a track time/hp calculator doesn't equate right? A 6.4 or 6.0 seems to be very spot on with the PSA calculator. The 6.7's ALWAYS show more hp by times than they do one the dyno.

I mean, do you believe the guys with a stock "tuned" 2011 that shows 550 hp by mph?

No, me neither.....

Like I stated, it just goes to show the efficiency of these transmissions. Which is truly awesome!

There's been a bunch of 2015's dyno in the 520-540 range with stock turbos. I'll believe the average over a single track time given my history with these things.

Either way. Like I said. Awesome times.

Let's not look into this too hard.

I guess the 5R110 that was in my 08 coupled with Matt's tuning was pretty efficient too then because I have time slips that said my 594 HP dyno proven setup was making around 650 HP. I just always assumed that was a fast track I ran at that day.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I know but I already made the statement. Just let the next closest time have it....Thanks BTW.....Also I just pulled that number out of my azz anyway...Lol

I'm sure that's not the only thing... . . Oh I'll leave it alone. Good for you old man letting somebody else have the prize. :pimp::flipa:

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
If that's the case and Craig will do that, looks like l came in second (story of my life!!) I'd sure make use of it. Thanks gfulton!!

Keith

Latest posts

Members online