NEW 6.0L S300 Turbocharger Kit with Up Pipes & Borg Warner Turbo

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'm thinking about the 62 kit. Anyone know how that'd work with stock injectors? I would at some point go with 155's or 175's I'm thinking. If it worked well enough with stock sticks, I may not though. Would like to be able to tow still.

I think there's a 64 kit too...but I think its the fmw 64 which is a few $ more..but a great charger. You would have room to grow from 155s and could still tow

Mdub707

Reaction score
I see the 62 kit is $200 more than the 60 or 66 as well...

I see no problem running the 62 with either injector choice, I guess what my main concern is how is it going to drive and tow with stock sticks? I know most say go with larger sticks first being you can pull fuel and all, but if the 62 worked well with the stock sticks I may never upgrade injectors... who knows. Not looking for a race truck, just a little more than what I have now.

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I see the 62 kit is $200 more than the 60 or 66 as well...

I see no problem running the 62 with either injector choice, I guess what my main concern is how is it going to drive and tow with stock sticks? I know most say go with larger sticks first being you can pull fuel and all, but if the 62 worked well with the stock sticks I may never upgrade injectors... who knows. Not looking for a race truck, just a little more than what I have now.

Don't you run wvo? Would that play a factor here? Or do same principles as diesel apply?

Mdub707

Reaction score
The same. Might have my tuner add a touch of icp at idle just to ensure a good burn in a lower heat situation. Other than that no difference other than my injectors are whisper quiet.

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The same. Might have my tuner add a touch of icp at idle just to ensure a good burn in a lower heat situation. Other than that no difference other than my injectors are whisper quiet.

Never done much reading on wvo but I have glanced at a couple of your threads...I guess you're basically constantly lubricating the injectors...so I guess it would be quiet. Video of idle?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
the FMW 62/68 with the .83 housing will be awesome on stock sticks. Its worth the extra cost.

Mdub707

Reaction score
the FMW 62/68 with the .83 housing will be awesome on stock sticks. Its worth the extra cost.

Their website shows the FMW 62/68 having the following options for housings:

T3 .70 undivided
T4 .88 undivided
T4 .91 divided

I'd assume you'd want divided with this setup...

DHFF

Reaction score

T3 .70 undivided
T4 .88 undivided
T4 .91 divided

What site are you talking about? I didnt find anything on Smeding's site

Mdub707

Reaction score
It's not under the kits Jerid. Go to turbo's, then the S300 category, then scroll down you'll see the S362 FMW (forged milled wheel). It's about $300 more than the other turbo's, but probably worth it if I had to guess. It would really come down to exhaust housing sizing for me, especially staying small with injectors. Definitely weight this as an option now.

http://www.smedingdiesel.com/product-p/s362fmw.htm

sleeps

Reaction score
I bought the 66 kit and I just bought a set of 205/100 injectors. I'm finishing up the fuel system and trying to find time for install. I'm sure I'll make tons of videos. And the I'm going to port an intake and see what difference it makes. Then again with some ported exhaust manifolds or maybe aftermarket ones if budget allows. Want to test it all in stages to see the difference each part makes.

Mdub707

Reaction score
That will be cool Zac.

I'd love to just go 190's or 205's and a 66, but I really don't want to have to build a trans. 175's and a 62 should do me well LOL

sleeps

Reaction score
That will be cool Zac.

I'd love to just go 190's or 205's and a 66, but I really don't want to have to build a trans. 175's and a 62 should do me well LOL

Should be fine as long as I don't try a bunch of boosted launches and it will live a while...

With that said, I may need a transmission soon

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

T3 .70 undivided
T4 .88 undivided
T4 .91 divided

the .83 t4 is divided, they should be able to get it. If not I know where you can get the turbo with that housing together and not pay through the nose. But I dont want to cause on a conflict in this thread. carry on!