NEW 6.4 Aluminum Radiator - ALRADCO

alradco

Reaction score
Last edited:

luther's 2008

Reaction score
Other then reliability and quality, is there an expected cooling improvement over stock? Since I'm installing a new trans cooler and oil cooler I thought a new rad would fit the bill.

alradco

Reaction score
Other then reliability and quality, is there an expected cooling improvement over stock? Since I'm installing a new trans cooler and oil cooler I thought a new rad would fit the bill.

There is and it'll be interesting to compare, although I don't think anyone has overheating issues. Just the upgrade away from plastic to aluminum will be a huge improvement.

Last edited:

alradco

Reaction score
Call me naive, but is this an intercooler? If not, is it worth it to get instead of an intercooler? Thanks!

This is a radiator. It's huge by comparison to most vehicles and it's bigger than most cars/trucks intercooler. They're both heat exchangers, radiator cools fluids and intercooler cools the air going to the engine.

The stock radiators have a horrible track record of failure. Some guys I've talked to are on their 2nd or 3rd stock radiator. The stock radiator has plastic end tanks which are crimped to an aluminum core. If it's not leaking then you can wait and see if you need one down the road. The Alradco 6.4 radiator has aluminum end tanks welded to an aluminum core.

It's up to you if the reliability of your truck is important or you can afford to have your truck down while you wait for a radiator to come in. My truck gets used a few times a month so I can afford down time. Other guys use theirs weekly or daily.

This radiator is a reliability upgrade, an intercooler is more of a performance upgrade.

alradco

Reaction score
Some of the names on orders coming though don't look familiar so maybe from other message boards??? Regardless thank you for the orders and support.

Peter

alradco

Reaction score
Well this was a pleasant surprise. Thanks all!

2j19yqw.jpg

alradco

Reaction score
No pictures yet. Waiting on coolers and tooling. Everything is on schedule as planned.

Peter

Latest posts

Members online