New around here

05_HD

Reaction score
Hey guys im new around here, but not to forums. Im picking up a 2005 F-250 harley davidson this week. Itll be my first diesel truck so I had it checked out by my buddy who owns a diesel shop, and ran a carfax on it. Everything came back good so im going to buy it. It has 168K miles on it 6in lift, 35's, ARP head studs, SCT programer, AFE intake, 4in turbo back, quadzilla monitor, new batteries. I have been on the forums looking around for a while now and have planned some mods. Already have a Scangauge II to replace the quadzilla, Sinister coolant filter is on the way, Oil will be changed the day I get it to rotella synthetic 5w-40 w/ford filter, fuel filters will be changed at the same time w/ford filters, Will be doing a hot trans flush, wheels will be changed to 20x12 fuel hostage's wrapped in 35x12.50 trail graps, Sinister EGR delete will be getting installed along with a update kit for the turbo feed/drain and other parts associated with the turbo being pulled, blue spring mod, and cleaning the turbo while its off. Now some things id like more info on:

Tunes;

ECM- Was wanting to get custom tunes either ID or PHP
FICM- Again ID or PHP Atlas 40 or 80?

While the turbo was off for cleaning would it be worth it for a wheel upgrade? Batmo or MTW?

Truck will be my DD, I dont pull more then a single car trailer and the most weight would be a mustang. Most likley not going to be getting into the bigger fuel system/injectors and no more turbo then needed, would be happy with power around 450-500. Not going to race maybe take it out to the local 1/8th mile and play at tnt just for some fun, same with pulling would just go out for some fun nothing competitive. So lets hear it guys what do you think of my plans? Look forward to the info ill get off this site as ive already seen there is a ton!

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
:welcome:

Sounds like you've got a pretty good plan so far :thumbup:

I haven't heard much of the PHP tunes, but Innovative, gearhead and TSD have great reputations.

A suggestion would be going to 37x13.5s or a similar sized tire. 35's look great on leveled trucks and are ok on up to a 4" lift, over 4" and they are too small IMHO.

cw96stroker

Reaction score
:welcome: sounds like your on track, any of the site sponsors on here will hook you up and treat you right. Imo I wouldnt run the batmo on the stock charger I would just save that money towards an upgrade like a MTW turbo like you may have mentioned. But I will let the 6.0 guru's advise you on that or you can search around on here an see what results others have had with various turbo setups an kinda pick what suits you best.

05_HD

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. Im talking with IDP for tuning and PHP for a atlas 40 or 80 ficm tune haven't made up my mind.

Also had my buddy at ford run an oasis report on the truck and it turns out its had the update fittings done under warranty so more mod money there!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.