New Battery Jump Posts

Txpsd

Reaction score
Hey guys,
My truck is in the body shop getting some work done, so I am having them swap out my front door handles for some rear ones without keys. I am now worried about what I will do in the event that my batteries die, so I want to put a jump post on the frame rail. I was curious if anyone knew somewhere online to get everything I'll need to mount something like this. Will I need both positive and negative, or just positive? If any of you have done something like this post up! Let me know what y'all think I should do.
Thanks!

BUFF

Reaction score
AW direct is a towing supply company if you go to there web site just look up "plug jump start set". Its the same kind of connecter with everything to connect to your battery and the jumper cables.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Those would work as long as you had the opposite end to jump your truck with.
It comes with both ends. Just add our wire and connect to the battery. Go buy some jumper cables and cut one end off and add the other connector. At least that is my plan.

QtrHorse

Reaction score
It comes with both ends. Just add our wire and connect to the battery. Go buy some jumper cables and cut one end off and add the other connector. At least that is my plan.

I would do as above but don't get some cheap 8ga jumper cables.

Agjake11

Reaction score
ive been needing to do this also since i put all rear handles on mine.

figured i was looking at having to make something myself but seems like i have some options to help

G Racing

Reaction score

What I meant was you would have to have the other half to where you could get to it. It wouldn't do any good locked in your truck or at your house if you were out of town. If you had a tool box you could keep it there but if you didn't you would still be stranded.

Agjake11

Reaction score
that looks perfect. what gauge wire are you looking at using? i was thinking the setup would be used to get enough juice to unlock the doors then pop the hood

QtrHorse

Reaction score
Vtewarehouse.com has the same jumper terminals for less and a couple of other items you could use.

Vtewarehouse

I would use At least 2ga wire. Don't forget to fuse the positive wire going to the jumper terminals.

Txpsd

Reaction score
I was definitely thinking 2 or 0/1 ga for sure. The price difference between them all just isn't that bad, so I'll probably go with 0/1. I'll have to check out that other site. I haven't ordered anything just yet.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
It's happened to me a time or 2 since I did that handle swap back in 04.
If you think people can get into these trucks fast with a screwdriver through the keyhole you should see me with a factory antenna. I can open my door in under 10 seconds with one. That's actually what I keep stashed in back just in case.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
If you think people can get into these trucks fast with a screwdriver through the keyhole you should see me with a factory antenna. I can open my door in under 10 seconds with one. That's actually what I keep stashed in back just in case.
I used to be able to do that with a paint stick and my mini truck from Highschool. Even after shaved doors I could get them to pop open. Everyone asked what the paint stick was for in my bed. Duh I stir paint with it.

Thanks for posting. I think I changed my mind.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score

Never thought of that. Good idea though!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online