New Blue Jean Metalic

TexasPowerstroke

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2016 Blue Jean with Adobe interior. I noticed a dark blue and tan pinstrip running down the sides above the doors. Anybody with a blue jean colored truck have this? Just wondering if can remove them myself. Seems like i could remove them with a 3m eraser wheel or something. Any thoughts?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
you should be able to with a heat gun , since the truck is so new. it may require an eraser wheel , but doubtful .

TexasPowerstroke

Reaction score
Called the dealership today. They said it was painted on but it was above the clear coat. I have been looking on line and Laquer thinner appears to be an option. Don't know if I have the courage to give that a try.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Try catching it with your fingernail and see if it will start to pull off. I don't think ford would actually take the time to paint a pinstripe on after final assembly. They're usually just stickers from what I've seen.

mandkole

Reaction score
if its just fresh pinstriping paint, lacquer thinner is an option. The factory paint should be very well cured. You just don't want to go crazy with it and leave the thinner on too long to avoid softening it. place some masking tape behind the last 1/4" of the stripe end and go for it. When it takes it off, it will leave a crisp edge but you can decide how it should go.

patricku47

Reaction score
Try catching it with your fingernail and see if it will start to pull off. I don't think ford would actually take the time to paint a pinstripe on after final assembly. They're usually just stickers from what I've seen.

A lot of dealers will have a local guy come out and pinstripe them on the lot. I've got a buddy that does it for a living and makes pretty decent money doing it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.