New Build

Cory S

Reaction score
Definatley a cool build! My question is there a benifit of quads, over triples, or a properly paired set of compounds? Or is this tottally uncharted terittory, and the performance of quads yet to be seen on a diesel? Just curious as I am not educated on turbo set ups.
thanks
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Where is the radiator even going to.go? Doesn't it stock up passed the support anyways?
2012-08-18_15-27-45_335.jpg

Last edited:

MINK

Reaction score
Definatley a cool build! My question is there a benifit of quads, over triples, or a properly paired set of compounds? Or is this tottally uncharted terittory, and the performance of quads yet to be seen on a diesel? Just curious as I am not educated on turbo set ups.
thanks
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Wow factor IMO. No reason you couldnt make a compound setup fit any need someone wouyld have on the air side.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Electric fans custom radiator etc just wait til it's done to ask how things are gonna work

Wayne

Reaction score
No disrespect. I'm sure the results will speak for themselves based on how well it runs, fits, etc. Pretty impressive work so far on the build. I'm just having a hard time figuring out how those components will go together, and hoping for a little insight on your plan. If you'd rather keep it secret, then that's fine. I just choose not to be patient if it's an option. I'm only trying to make sense of how the components will fit and work together. I sure appreciate the challenges this project presents with the unknowns on the performance end, and trying to fit 10# of crap in a 5# bag. We had a difficult enough time fitting triples, and keeping all the accessories working properly. You've definitely taken on a challenge. I'm sure all the stuff you discover with this setup whether good or bad will help the whole industry as far as information is concerned. Keep up the good work.:thumbup:

extreme3807

Reaction score
No disrespect. I'm sure the results will speak for themselves based on how well it runs, fits, etc. Pretty impressive work so far on the build. I'm just having a hard time figuring out how those components will go together, and hoping for a little insight on your plan. If you'd rather keep it secret, then that's fine. I just choose not to be patient if it's an option. I'm only trying to make sense of how the components will fit and work together. I sure appreciate the challenges this project presents with the unknowns on the performance end, and trying to fit 10# of crap in a 5# bag. We had a difficult enough time fitting triples, and keeping all the accessories working properly. You've definitely taken on a challenge. I'm sure all the stuff you discover with this setup whether good or bad will help the whole industry as far as information is concerned. Keep up the good work.:thumbup:

Thanks for being cool about it Wayne. I'm not even sure exactly what he is doing so it will be a surprise for myself, as well as everyone else.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Im kind of interested to see why they didnt have a point somewhere in the charge system that equalizes the pressure going to both banks. Seems that they could have made a single intercooler, because from the pictures it looks like they are loosing a lot of potential surface area with the gap between the two. Made the air go into the cooler and then split off again into both manifolds. That way the volume/ pressure is equalized into both banks.

Wayne

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a little surprised a stock-style intercooler wasn't used, especially since the pressure is equalized, but I'm not fitting the pipe. I guess if it can't be routed to work, then it won't work.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
2 innercoolers had to be used because of 1) the intake design having 2 ports and 2) the way the piping was run. He would have had to make a long charge pipe and y pipe for the drivers side turbos to feed into a stock cooler. By breaking it up es keeping piping short and as straight to the intake as it can go.

Latest posts

Members online