New cam??

Ramnut84

Reaction score
I'm having my 6.0 rebuilt and wondering if I should upgrade my cam while I'm at it?? If so what cam would you guys recommend?( stock cam is shot) the truck is going to be my daily driver/ work truck.
The block is being bored over. New bearings, pistons, studs, new stock injectors,bulletproof water pump, bulletproof oil cooler, bulletproof ficm, blue spring and s&b. Truck already has a new stage 1 turbo:)
AC6246E1-39F7-4499-AA85-3DBED02B1F6B_zpsgc2lc8w3.jpg

JGman141

Reaction score
I run a colt stage 2 with no fly cutting, it's well worth it and is one of the best upgrades I've done to the truck. If you have to replace it anyways I would at least do a stage 1

newToThisWorld

Reaction score
What's that rebuild costing you? If you don't mind me asking. My truck has 220k. No deletes or studs. Thinking about freshening it up when I do all of that.

Ramnut84

Reaction score
What's that rebuild costing you? If you don't mind me asking. My truck has 220k. No deletes or studs. Thinking about freshening it up when I do all of that.

More than I wanted to spend.... Round 19 grand but I'm doing a lot more than a rebuild. Mag tec trans pan, ats rear diff cover, new hpop and some other stuff I'm prob forgetting plus all the stuff I have listed in my first post. If I woulda just gone with a rebuild and not upgraded it woulda been round 10grand for a stock rebuild.

Last edited:

zshier17

Reaction score
upgrading cam, intake, Ficm, and turbo...but sticking with stock injectors? throw some 155's or 175's in there. Might as well

Ramnut84

Reaction score
upgrading cam, intake, Ficm, and turbo...but sticking with stock injectors? throw some 155's or 175's in there. Might as well

I thought bout it but right before the engine went out I replaced 4 of the injectors so I'm just replacing the other 4 so I have a fresh start.

JGman141

Reaction score
Could always look into dynamic diesel, he has his own cam out with similar specs to the colt. His web site is dynamicdiesel60

zshier17

Reaction score
You could always just have the other 4 rebuilt along with the 4 new ones. Send them to Warren Diesel, and have Jesse and the guys look them over good and put in the upgraded solenoids. Guaranteed to cure stiction. 155/30's or 175/30's would be pretty inexpensive.

Latest posts

Members online